Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Anyone want a lovely cat?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Free to good home. Really really nice cat!

EDIT: South Wales area.

MrNutt
    Free Member

how old?

trickydisco
    Free Member

pics?

any skills?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Yeah more info, how old? male or female? why?

philconsequence
    Free Member

and whats all defective about it to be getting rid? does it enjoy chris moyles or something?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Family want a cat but were in the better half of Wales up North. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking that I could do with an animal in my house… make me look a bit more caring…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Is it your neighbours ?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

No, I’m full after lunch.

Jamie
    Free Member

A friend of mine wants a cat as she seems to have misplaced hers…..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuCjzVAO_w&t=27s[/video]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is that price posted? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Kennedy by molgrips, on Flickr

He’s big, very beautiful and extremely well mannered. Not the most affectionate cat though, not one for cuddles on your knee for long but does play and respond well to stroking and fondling. I think he’s 6 or 7.

North Wales could be a goer, where are you? Nice excuse for a trip away 🙂

We’d be getting rid because we need to go overseas for a bit (see the Munich thread).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Does he come with the sack you’re keeping him in?

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Crazy kids. We’re going to Germany for at least 6 months. Cannot really take him with us. I’m a bit 😕 about him leaving the family, but if he goes to a good home then I’d WTFU
    He’s really lovely, not a lot of work. He likes his soft food mid afternoon (you can leave a small bowl of dry food out constantly) and can be a bit of a pest (sitting on keyboards, nesting on your lap) then if you’ve not given him some. But he doesn’t scratch furniture or make messes (knock things off tables or counters).

Jamie
    Free Member

Why can you not give him to a family member or friend for 6 months?

yossarian
    Free Member

Does he smoke?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

respond well to stroking and fondling

Don’t we all

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Were in Colwyn Bay, I will show family your pic of Kennedy, is/has he been healthy. All our family love cats and we have a large garden with woods at the back, we were thinking of going to RSPCA but this sounds like a better solution.

Junkyard
    Free Member

cannot believe you did not put pussy in the title somewhere I am very disappointed in you
    I can look after it for 6 mths if you want someone to have it and you get it back on return but I am oop north

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Has he ever lived with other cats?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I cat sitted for a friend for 6 months, I’d offer here but we’ve got a full house.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Shown Kennedy to the rest of my family and they all like the look and sound of him Mrs FH would like to know are you wanting someone to have him for the time your away or forever?

footflaps

If you think he could hack a journey to Cambridge in a car, I’d be very tempted…

molgrips
    Free Member

Flippingheckler – your gaff sounds brilliant for Kennedy. Currently he goes out all night (unless it’s weeing it down) and patrols his area. We’ve got some big woods behind the houses opposite which I think he goes in – he really loves the outdoors. Even when he’s in he often sits at the window and looks out.

He’s been healthy when we’ve had him (4 years – we got him from Cat’s Protection aged 3) apart from some ear mites and a flea here and there (which Frontline took care of) and a few colds where his eyes get a bit red.

Not sure about the duration. It’s a bit of a difficult decision, we’ll let you know 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

He would be well looked after and provided for, our last cat George really loved being outside and made the most of his garden and the woods at the bottom of our garden, he also enjoyed teasing the neighbours dogs as they could not get into our garden so he made the most of it, he was also partial to squirrels which we have an ample supply of, also badgers who like to chase the local cats. George was also from the Cat Protection.

molgrips
    Free Member

George died?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Yes two years ago this month he deteriorated to the point he had no quality of life stopped feeding and went very thin we had constant trips to the vet and spent hundreds to keep him going but in the end the outcome was inevitable. As I am not allowed a dog I promised the Mrs FH and the kids we can get another cat, Kennedy sounds ideal, I also work from home a lot so he would have some company. If we went away rather than put him (George)in a home the outlaws would visit everyday to give him company and feed him along with our neighbours as we always feed their cat for them and make sure shes okay. We have a 13 and ten year old boys who are very gentle and love animals and wildlife. Happy to send you pics of where he could be living.

Lifer
    Free Member

My cat’s called George!

He finds sleeping incredibly tiring.

Sorry to hear about your George

Houns

molgrips
    Free Member

FH you are very close to being on for this. We just have to decide that it’s permanent and come to terms with it.

For the last 18 months I was working away from home, and Mrs Grips came to see me in the week but she couldnt’ be away for more than two nights. Otherwise we’d have rented a flat and had two homes. So it caused problems for us, and Kennedy wasn’t keen on being stuck in for 2 nights out of 7. And now I’m looking for a new job we could be anywhere all over the place – like Munich!

So he’d have a better life with someone more settled.

Rochey
    Free Member

If only I could help but I live in Milton Keynes, shame as he is really lovely cat.

Good luck anyway.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ta 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

We would consider having him until you became settled or decided on where you lay down sticks, problem being our youngest son is Autistic and he may not understand when it comes to the time to hand Kennedy back. He loves his Grandparents cats and they always go to him when he’s there.

Kip

Please someone make a decision. I’m not sure I can wait ’til tomorrow! It’s nice to see someone being a responsible pet owner though.

molgrips
    Free Member

We’ve got the sniffles here 😥

There’s the chance of a house sitter here, will have to see if that pans out. He might not want to deal with a cat.. however there’s Kennedy’s long term future to think about. Cats don’t like change.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Have you tried a Chinese chippy?

Cougar

I don’t think I can craft a reply to that which won’t get me banned.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

When your close to deciding my emails in my profile, you could let me have your phone number so we could have a chat about it if you like, in the mean time more pics of Kennedy would be great.

taka
    Free Member

bit of a hijack but if anyone want two free male kittens both about 8months old and need neutering but cat protection league do it for free i think? ive got them in hebden bridge west Yorks

ps they both need to go together or there not goin at all 🙂

tom

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll get the camera out tomorrow when he’s strutting his stuff 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anyone want a lovely cat?’ is closed to new replies.