Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone using a 2.6 Butcher ?
  • mark_rich
    Free Member

Considering one for the front, any one tried em?

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve got one… Not ridden on it yet but looks good

It’s big but not enormous, little bit more than a schwalbe 2.35

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Sweet, I could fit one on my non Boost pikes then and the back end of my Reign?

I hated my Butchers to begin with, somehow though – after a bit of wear I swear they became a lot grippier – every tire that I’ve ridden before has been grippier fresh. But the Butcher GRIDs are bit gripper than Minions now – at Grenoside at least.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Butchers definitely seem to go ‘hard’ if not ridden for a while in my experience, it’s possible they could be like that new?.

mark_rich
    Free Member

Cheers they sound promising, it’s a toss up between the butcher or a wtb convict 2.5.

samuelr
    Free Member

I run a wtb convict 2.5 on the front. I really rate it. Its a big tyre, fits in a pike fine. I run a 2.5 breakout on the rear. Again a really good tyre. Can break traction when stamping on the pedals on loose conditions tho.

wiggles
    Free Member

Fits easily in a non-boost 36, couldn’t fit a 2.6 purgatory on the back though due to 219mm chain stays, issue was height rather than width

Northwind

It’s all pretty interesting, I have a 2.5 shorty or minion on the 29er most of the time, and a 2.4dhr2 on the back often… I wasn’t impressed by 3.0 plus tyres at all, as far as I’m concerned it was almost entirely downsides but I’m up for just a little more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone using a 2.6 Butcher ?’ is closed to new replies.