Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone use 7 protection?
  • tails
    Free Member

Not heard of them before but seem good. I’m looking at the transition pads. Are the flex and covert much more burly. Just for trail riding.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Do you mean 7idp?

tails
    Free Member

Yeah, seen it called both.

5plusn8
    Free Member

kids have knee pads, good fit.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good elbow pads, don’t fall down to wrists and have good solid pads. I bought some of the enduro-y kneepads and they were disappointing though. Uncomfortable and not confidence inspiring in the protection offered.

More substantial ones may be fine though.

tails
    Free Member

Cheers, need to try some on but the choice is bewildering.

mrhoppy

I’ve got controls and transition wraps which I got as a lighter option. The controls are good enough that I very rarely wear the others. The transitions are just a bit too heavy duty to be light wear anywhere pads and aren’t as good as the controls which are really comfortable heavy duty ones.

theraggyone
    Free Member

ive got transition wraps , project knees and flex knee/shins , i have also got there body Armour .

i get on really well with their pads , i use the transition wraps for lighter stuff and pump track ( ive had these the longest and they are really comfortable) .

i use the flex knee/ shins for new places/trips away ( bike park wales etc)as they are pretty burly with substantial hard caps under the fabric .

the project knees are my newest ones and also my favorite and have now replaced the transitions as my go to pads for most stuff , so comfy, decent protection and fit nicely under trousers too ( i got them half price their full price is mental) . these are the best pads ive ever worn and i would 100% buy them again.

i warrantied my flex pads due to a broken strap but 7idp were really easy to deal with and sent a new pair quickly , i definitely recommend them .

ive also just got the kids transitions for my son as a xmas present

onedpete
    Free Member

I have the Sam Hill knees, and they are effing brilliant. Really comfortable once the sas tech pad warms up, great protection and doesn’t slip at all. I much prefer them to the Transitions, feel much more stable on the knee, maybe at the expense of being a touch warmer. Expensive though.

tails
    Free Member

Pads arrived yesterday, I’m at the large end of large 51.5cm thigh. Do your legs look like a squashed sausage when you wear them. Thinking I might need to go for an XL.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I haven’t had the best luck with 7idp.

I bought Transition Wrap knee pads, the material was horrible and felt like any sort of friction would end in bloodshed, they were really tight too despite ordering the biggest size they make. Returned them.

I also had an M2 Helmet which was a **** liability, at first use I thought “hmmm, it’s easy to knock the adjuster and it come loose” but within a few months it would just ‘ping’ loose without warning leaving you descending not only with a helmet likely to fall off in crash, but doing a decent job of covering your eyes too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone use 7 protection?’ is closed to new replies.