Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone understand paypal transactions?
  • theotherjonv

I bought an item on eBay last weekend, paid via PayPal,and then the seller refunded because ‘the item was no longer available’ (prob didn’t get what she valued it at I guess, but oh well)

On my PayPal account I have the payment to and refund back from the seller. I have in my bank account a transfer of the funds to PayPal to cover the transfer. But nothing back from PayPal to my bank account, and my PayPal account is still at zero. Seems like £26 is missing somewhere? How long do PayPal take to recredit? And is it automatic to recredit my bank or will it just appear as a positive balance?

Tried contacting PayPal, but they don’t seem to respond very quickly…..

breadcrumb

I think it can take a few days and will go to your PayPal account. You can then send it back to your bank account.

matthewjb
    Free Member

You can then send it back to your bank account.

But be careful because I think Paypal charge if the transfer is less than £50.

bruneep

But be careful because I think Paypal charge if the transfer is less than £50.

Not so

To withdraw money to a UK bank account:

Click Withdraw near the top of the page.
    Enter the amount to withdraw and choose the correct bank account, then click Continue.
    Review the details then click Submit.

Your money will usually take up to 2 hours to appear in your UK bank account.

Please make sure your bank account information is correct before attempting to withdraw funds from your PayPal account. For example, if your name is James Patrick Smith, but your bank account is in the name of “J P Smith,” you would need to enter “J P” as your first name when adding the bank account.

If your bank information is incorrect, your withdrawal will be returned and a 50p fee will be charged. Additional bank fees may also apply but you’ll need to contact your bank for details of those.

Note:
    PayPal does not charge for withdrawing funds from your PayPal account to your UK bank account
    When you open a PayPal account, you will have a monthly withdrawal limit. To learn how to remove this limit click here
    Your bank account must be denominated in your local currency (British Pounds) for your withdrawals to be successful.

theotherjonv

I’d happily withdraw it if only they’d put it back into my PayPal account

LeeW

When you pay by PP by instant bank transfer PP sends a request to your bank using the DD instruction you agree to when you sign up. That takes 5-7 days, rather than wait that long to send the payment PP uses it’s own funds. I guess the delay is becasue PP is still waiting for the funds to come in from your bank account before actually giving you the money.

woffle
    Free Member

Hmmm.

If the seller had withdrawn your money from his account and had a zero Paypal balance before sending you your refund it’ll take a good few days for it to actually materialize / clear into your account though it’ll show as refunded, it’s just not cleared. Paypal have to wait for the sellers bank to transfer the money back etc etc. Can be 10+ working days in reality.

Typically (for me at least) a paypal refund comes back to my PP account, not to my bank account…

neninja
    Free Member

If you used a card through Paypal, Paypal refund the payment directly back on to the card you used rather than as funds in your Paypal account.

Rob_S
    Free Member

Have you purchased anything else using Paypal since and the £26 has gone as part payment to that purchase?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

I recently part refunded a rider who fell ill and bailed off the trip. Paypal took about 15 working days to refund, even though the money left my account the same day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone understand paypal transactions?’ is closed to new replies.