Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyone trimmed down their Hope braided brake hoses, how was it for you?
  • bloodynora
    Free Member

Front Tech M4 braided hose is a bit long and needs trimming down. Is it just a matter of having a really good/sharp pair of cutters, will it need bleeding after, how easy was it? Have seen the Hope vid but it was for normal cable hoses.

Cheers

mamadirt
    Free Member

I use cable cutters and re-use the olive (prise it open carefully with a scalpel or similar). When re-attaching, pull the lever very slightly, just enough for a little fluid to appear at the end you're attaching the hose to – then it should not need bleeding.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Done like this.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Thanks guys just what I was after… Three_fish your a star 😀

alexpalacefan

Don't forget you have to take off the outer clear plastic coating before you put on the olive. Get the sharpest knife you can.

APF

brooess
    Free Member

easily done. No harder than standard hoses ime

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Not too difficult. Don't squeeze the lever while it's apart. Prise open the olive. A bit fiddly getting the olive back on the braid – ensure no stray strands of braid. Never needed to bleed mine and done it twice.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Thanks for the extra info on this guys, all taken on board. Just got to wait til Monday to get in work and 'borrow' some decent cutters.

Cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anyone trimmed down their Hope braided brake hoses, how was it for you?’ is closed to new replies.