Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone tried to mount a chainguide on an Anthem X?
  • legend
    Free Member

Had a quick go tonight using a Blackspire Stinger and an ISCG adapter, not sure if I can get this to work properly due to fouling the bottom link and the swingarm.

Has anyone tried something similar, possibly using a BB fit Stinger or similar?

russjp
    Free Member

Fitted BB mounted stinger on my old anthem x with no problems

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve fitted an e13 XCX in Seat tube mount style to my 2011 one, my 2008 one before that a BB mount one worked.

I don’t know why you’d want to run a Stinger style one on an XC race bike though.

richP

I have a Superstar’s seat tube mounted XCR Chainkeeper on my 2012 Anthem. However this required quite a lot of modification to clear the shock…

My Anthem has a pressfit BB so I think this rules out BB mounting.

legend
    Free Member

I don’t know why you’d want to run a Stinger style one on an XC race bike though.

Because it’s not setup as an XC race bike and tends to dump it’s chain on the rougher tracks at places like Innerleithen. Also when I need to get on the gas at the enduro this weekend it would be nice to know it’s gonna be there!

richP

pics of the mod I had to do to the superstars mount.

I had to machine the end of the mount off as it clashed with the shock.
    I then cut down the guide tube/arm and tapped the inside, I could then use a longer bolt to tighten the seatpost band and hold the guide arm.

I had been running just the small chainkeeper guide, which seemed to work fine apart from in last two brass monkey races were I dropped the chain. I’m not yet sure how the chain comes off as there is no way I can force it off (or back on when it has dropped) without some disassembly. Not great for racing…

So for now I’ve bodged on an fuller e13 guide to see if that fairs any better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone tried to mount a chainguide on an Anthem X?’ is closed to new replies.