Home Forums Chat Forum Anyone stayed at a Bike & Boots Inn?

• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by benman.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone stayed at a Bike & Boots Inn?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Got a few child free days in October and although it’s not that far home the Peak District Bikes and Boots has come up as a reasonable deal – anyone any experience of them?

My biggest concern is that as they advertise how pet friendly they are, whether the room will smell of dog, which will immediately upset MrsMC!

the-muffin-man

I’ve stayed in the Scarborough one and it was really nice. Room was bigger than our entire downstairs in our 2up 2down.

And yes it will be full of dogs – that’s one of their big selling points. They will be in dining room and public areas.

Can’t say if it smelt as our noses are adjusted to dogs and horses! :-)

IMG_0108

MoreCashThanDash

Looks like someone found the facilities to their liking!

Onzadog
    Free Member

As a dog owner all I can say is there is no reason for a hotel room to smell of dogs. The furnishings are designed with that in mind at most pet friendly places and I hope they’re getting cleaned properly after each visitor. Not enough if you’ve got allergies, but I suspect enough not to smell

matt_outandabout

We’ve stayed at a ‘pet friendly’ holiday cottage before. It was full of hairs and smelled.

That was 15 years ago and we’ve avoided them since.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve also used bad pet friendly places in the past but we’ve been using Holiday Inns for work and I only recently found out they were dog friendly when I saw a dog in there. Not noticed any evidence otherwise.

I think you can still get dodgy single dwelling places but anything remotely corporate that does dog friendly do seem to be on top of it.

bikesandboots

No

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got to ask, is @bikesandboots involved with bikes and boots? Or is it just a coincidence?

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve got to ask, is @bikesandboots involved with bikes and boots? Or is it just a coincidence?

And do they smell of dog….?

Anyway, MrsMC has decided she doesn’t fancy a dog friendly place, as she’s not a fan of dogs. Which is why I spend so much time on the dog thread

the-muffin-man

Frank liked the bed and the view of the sea!!…

IMG_0093IMG_0086

barrywalker
    Free Member

I think a far more important point (ignoring dogs that shouldn’t be on furniture) is that Bike & Boot do not have any beer on draft! Popped in for a drink when it first opened at the end of a ride and we were charged £12 for two bottles of beer. Not been back since.

bikesandboots

No nothing to do with me

CountZero

we were charged £12 for two bottles of beer.

I hope they were at least pints, and decent quality! I bought some bottles from the local farm shop, brewed by Arkells Brewery in Swindon. A bit less than £3 a pint, I think around £2.75, and very good indeed!
    They’ve been going since 1845, family run, so ought to have a clue, but £6/bottle is taking the piss! That’s London prices, that is!

Superficial
    Free Member

They do have a good selection of fruity IPAs in cans, though. Which is more up my street than old man brown beer.

xbenx

I’ve stayed at the one in Hope Valley in the peak district multiple times, for work reasons so sadly couldnt get any riding in. The rooms were always immaculate though, i’d say they probably reserve the ground floor rooms for ‘pet friendly stays’, my room on the 2nd floor never had any complaints they’re big rooms, very comfy.

However i found the food and drink on ofger in the restaurant to be overpriced and a bit ‘meh’ thankfully 10 min walk up the road from the hotel theres a pub called the Travellers Rest which does some cracking pub grub and had plenty of beers on tap.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the comments – as MrsMC isn’t a fan of dogs I might use it for an overnight stop with a cycling mate instead – but definitely better food options nearby!

benman
    Free Member

I stayed there with work too. It felt like a bit of a glorified travelodge to me – devoid of any soul. And they had no draft beer at all in the bar – just overpriced bottles.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.