Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 478 total)
  • Anyone Seen Sharki ????
  • Andy

charlierevell, saladdodger +1

Nice chap and great company on the Quantocks. Hope you are safe and sound and look forward to hearing about your mad adventures and seeing some great photos!

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Sharki me Old Mate, tiz a while since we last had "reckless blast on the 'Tox"… get in touch mate and we'll get the other 'Old Farts' out for your "reunion" ride..
    We don't judge.. 8) Just get out and ride… Sorry, stole that from somewhere else !!

KT1973
    Free Member

If you don't care then why post?

shermer75
    Free Member

Heh heh! A bit like driving out to Tescos so you can tell the cashier you don't want to buy anything. Heh heh. What a douche!

anokdale
    Free Member

Well ro i have never met the fella but i care.

Oh and now i know who the village idiot is around here, what a tool.

knottie8
    Free Member

ro
    I'l tell you who he is ….. Shane , a friend of mine ! If you bothered to read this thread you would have known he is a well liked fellow.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I'm in Somerset for a few days. Heading up the Q's for a walk shortly and will keep a look out.

shermer75
    Free Member

Think you're on you're own with that one, ro

slugwash
    Free Member

Ro, maybe you'd care to dissapear, preferably for good and ASAP. Bye Bye!

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Ro, you don't know Sharki so just STFU and stop posting in this thread. There are alot of people on here who know and care for him and you are offending us. Sod off.

RichPenny
    Free Member

How many of you actually know this guy?

Plenty of us, because Shane went out of his way to show loads of forum members some quality riding. What have you contributed besides bile?

slugwash
    Free Member

Found some easy self-help reading material for ro…..

saladdodger
    Free Member

Ro

Sharki is a friend of mine to if you had any decency you would just go away

Perhaps if you dissapeared someone might care about you, I guess you would like to think

as my old Pa would say if you have nothing worthwhile to say, say nothing PLEASE

Talkemada
    Free Member

I've never met Sharki, don't know him but it seems many on here have, and he seems to be a popular member of the STW 'Community'. Whilst I'm not obliged to expend any emotion on him, I still hope that he's ok, like I would with any Human Being.

I can kind of understand what ro is saying, but I don't really think it's appropriate on here. Your comments are obviously upsetting people, and this is neither the time nor the place to be making a point. Why are you trying to make such a point anyway? What do you hope to gain? Is there perhaps not a more sensitive and considerate way you could do so?

Have a heart, eh?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

ro, you are on to a loser mate. Can you stop posting on this thread. its not the place for your trolling.

Sharki is a good friend to many of us on here, and your posts are not needed.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Ro is attention seeking! S/he's worried that if s/he disappeared no-one would notice/care. Surprise – someone else here who actually knows Sharki! He is entertaining, generous, engaging, a skilful biker and has gone out of his way on several occasions to play very gracious host/guide to me and others on the Qs. Like nearly everyone else, I don't give a sh*t what he's done or hasn't done and hope he turns up safe and well soon.

thepurist

Anna – funny you should say that. Ro has actually been here before, and I got a ban for 'tag abuse' on a thread where s/he was being equally mouthy. Nobody missed him/her when they'd gone, nobody celebrated when s/he came back and nobody will notice when s/he goes again.

Ro – Funny that an online mountain biking community misses one of its most generous members and wants to see them back safe & sound. If you're not interested then don't read the thread, it's hardly impacting your life is it? And don't let the door hit you on the way out (again).

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

RO, can we discuss this via email, as you suggested?

saladdodger
    Free Member

Guys just report this IDIOT to the mods we can do without her/him

Bunnyhop

Reported.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Go bunnyhop! 🙂

See you Ro. Or not. Don't really care either way.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

My first posting on this thread, but felt compelled by Ro's comments. For the record I don't know Sharki, but have enjoyed his posts on here, and have also benefitted from some of his tips on riding in the Quantocks, he's obviously greatly liked by those who do know him, and I hope he's safe and sound.

Ro – What exactly is your problem? You didn't have to read this thread, let alone waste your precious time responding to it, if you don't feel it's worthwhile. The fact is, a lot of folk on here do think it's worthwhile, and you should respect that.

You are doing the wrong thing in the wrong way for all the right reasons.

I think it's safe to say, that you are doing the wrong thing, in the wrong way for all the wrong reasons. I'd get your coat, if I were you…

bigsi
    Free Member

Glad to see ro's comments have been removed, well done mods 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

thanks mods goodon ya

oldfart

Been on the English Riviera all weekend , hoped this would have had a happy ending by now .Shane hope all's well with you buddy .I couldn't have asked for a better bloke to help me back to riding after my back problems last year .Even if you totally ignored my pleas to be gentle with me !!!!Hoping this gets sorted in a happy way before i clear off for the summer !Could be living it that hollow tree in Holford Combe i suppose .He is partial to posing in there !Seriously Shane so many folks rooting for you be safe PLEASE !

allthepies
    Free Member

sharki's probably sitting down to a roasted freshly trapped fieldmouse as we type….

Don't know you mate but come back you daft b*gger!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Sharki, if you're mad enough to be in Ireland and need anything just let me know.

hopster
    Free Member

Had an awesome day on the Qunatocks yesterday. Sharki should have been with us but we ripped it up and down all day as he would have done. Give us a bell if you fancy a few days in Bristol.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Sharki and I were a pair for both of our first 24 event SITS '07 as Butch Chickadee and the Come-Dance Kid. He's a sensitive and gentle guy who does a lot of soul searching beneath the 'smiley' 'whacky' exterior. I just hope he's having an extended period of soul searching and comes back refreshed.

Sharki, as we've said before in person, there's a place to lay your head and a warm welcome in the Highlands should you need/want it. Jo, Matt and the kids xxx

grynch
    Free Member

I don't know this guy but based on the outpouring of good wishes here that is my loss.

Good luck man where ever you are and I hope you come back safe and sound to all your mates.

bigyinn
    Free Member

MODs, please can you just ban ro, he adds nothing but cr@p on here!

Moses

I think we've met, so I'd like to add my voice to the well-wishers. It was good to see the number of "Missing" notices on the Qs at the weekend.
    (We were the grey-haired couple of walkers in the way of all you lycra louts 😕 )

rOcKeTdOg

Still no sign? 🙁

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

really hope he decides to let people know he is ok

saladdodger
    Free Member

I was driving across dartmoor today and slowing at anyone who was walking along with a back pack on hoping to see the "young rascal"

Alas in vain

Hairychested
    Free Member

I somehow doubt he's anywhere the Q's. He's likely to be doing what I've always wanted to – sodding all and having proper 'me' time surrounded by trees, wind and bees.

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Hairychested: I bloody hope so!
    Sharki so very kindly took me round the Tox a few times last summer (once in the pissing rain!) and joined me in a cream tea afterwards. This not knowing where he's at is just horribly worrying. I keep anxiously checking back here to see if he's surfaced – man, i hope he does, and soon!

bagpuss
    Free Member

Coming ready or not… world championship hide and seek anyone?

Don't think he's in Amsterdam although there were a lot of drawn curtains in some parts of town last week and he could have been behind anyone of them.

Hope you're reading all the positive posts here Sharki, where ever you are.

neverness
    Free Member

Blimey, this is not something you want to find after a break.
    Sharki was the guy who was pretty much responsible for the police finding my stolen bike, and has helped with trail side repairs on a couple of occasions. He was one of the few people who would help without question.

I, like most here, hope he is ok. I have posted around other forums as a long shot and will forward on to work who live in the area.

orangina
    Free Member

From the facebook website:
    "Apparently Shane has been found safe and well in Appledore. No other news as yet. This was posted on the police website today. " … Hope that is the truth….

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 478 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Seen Sharki ????’ is closed to new replies.