Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Anyone ('s wife obvz) got a new Clio?
  • deepreddave
    Free Member

Darn the hive mind for solid advice eh, or should that be superb advice? Bigger car all day long, literally, in every sense.
    Unfortunately it does mean you might stay single for longer as people will assume you’ve borrowed your Dad’s car (nearly said women rather than people but my ‘don’t make assumptions’ training kicked in).

bearnecessities

Ordered. In quartz grey.

Thanks all for helping me see sense.

At least it’s not a yeti 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Given your mileage, you made the right decision.

Plus, it doesn’t look that bad at all….

bearnecessities

I’m fully expecting it to on occasion answer to the call of “Autobots assemble” and go running off down the road.

bearnecessities

If you’re doing 50k per year then presumably a lot of that is on the road.

Yes, a fair amount. If I’m in the sea or air, something’s gone very wrong.

angeldust
    Free Member

What a depressing choice.
    4k a month in a Clio is madness. Has to be the Skoda. Yes, your life is over.

benp1

Ha, sorry, I meant to say motorway:D

You made the right car choice!

bearnecessities

What a depressing choice.

Public sector. Can’t be seen to have Mercs now can we?

deepreddave
    Free Member

Huge mileage bear, can’t be many public servants clocking up those kinds of numbers. I actually like the Superb, think it sends a confident in yourself message. To the other train spotters and weekend fishermen.

bearnecessities

To the other train spotters and weekend share fishermen.

A little in-house pun there for fellow colleagues.

Should say thanks again though for contributions; on this rare occasion they were genuinely useful in reaching a decision.

CountZero

The Skoda is probably a better mile muncher, but its certainly not a looker. And I doubt it’ll be much fun to drive either.

What, compared to the Kia? Got to be kidding, right? 200miles in the Cee’d and I’m feeling every mile of it, there’s no way the seats would be up to the sort of mileage the OP does.
    And in any case, who the hell is looking at a car that’s fun to drive when all you’re doing is looking at many miles of motorway and dual carriageway!
    It’s not unusual for me to do two to three hundred miles in one day, and comfy seats are a premium consideration, then it’s a smooth quiet ride.
    Over the last few days I’ve driven a Merc C220 and E220, a BMW 418 and a 5 Series, and today I drove a Volvo V40 D2 Cross Country nearly 200 miles home, and about the same tomorrow, and I’ll happily take the V40 over any of the others, although the C220 comes very close.
    Renault seats are very, very comfy, but I’m not sure I could live with one for those sort of miles.
    Skoda are chosen by the police, paramedics and taxi drivers for very, very good reasons: they drive very well, and they’re a very comfy place to spend a considerable number of hours in the day.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Ah, “n I see” what you mean, maybe.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to do 4K a month in anything smaller than a Passat so was about to say go for the the Superb.

Then I saw it was the 1.6.

Have done about 80k in the last few years in a Passat 1.6d. Horrible thing, the last car I had with so little torque was a Vauxhall Belmont. Unless you live somewhere flatter than Norfolk expect to be changing gear every 10 seconds just to keep the **** thing moving.

bearnecessities

New bike car day!

Bye bye insignia <sniff>

Hello canal boat.

All I’ll say is thanks for steering me away from a clio; initial impressions are it’s quite lovely. Sodding massively oversized for just me, but unbelievably wafty-comfortable and with lots of new buttons and stuff.

I was worried it might be gutless, but it’s plenty rapid enough with just me and a tin of travel sweets . Pulls better than the outgoing 2l insignia.

Did I mention was huge?

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s in the safety pack?

bearnecessities

Ooh, I dunno…

Edit: Think it’s a present from Drac.

nickc

things of safety?

matt_outandabout

What’s in the safety pack?

A selection of Gregg’s vouchers, you never know when you might be caught out.

garage-dweller

Edit months too late!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ('s wife obvz) got a new Clio?’ is closed to new replies.