Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)
  • Anyone running SRAM XX1 yet?
  • v10
    Free Member

Rest arrives on Friday so will report back after the weekend!

Not sure where the £1200 price is coming from. UK RRP (GXP Cranks) is £1010 with trigger, £1000 with gripshift. That doesn’t include a BB though. BB30 chainset option is £40 more.

juan
    Free Member

I still don’t see the point, specially for you adrian, you could ride everything with 32-22/11-34 set up of even only a 32 or 34 front ring.

v10
    Free Member

The point is it allows more people to comfortably use a 1x system as it gives a spread not a million miles away from a 2×10 setup.

Those currently running a 1×10 setup and enjoying the benefits can have the same but with a much wider spread of gears with no bigger jumps than current equipment allows.

Whats more the point in the long run is that if the front mech is taken out of the frame design equation it opens up many avenues.

Take your example 32-22 with 11-34
    (These are calcuatled for 26×2.25)
    Lowest gear inches = 17.2
    Highest gear inches = 77.1

Most common 2×10 setup – 26/39 with 11-36
    Lowest gear inches = 19.1
    Highest gear inches = 94.1

Now for 1×11 with a 32/30/28 ring.
    Lowest gear inches = 20.2/18.8/17.8
    Highest gear inches = 84.8/79.5/74.2

And for a common 1×10 setup with 32/34 on an 11-36
    Lowest gear inches 23.6/24.9
    Highest gear inches 77.1/81.9

I currently run 1×10 34 11-36 on my mtbs – i get a lower low gear and a higher high gear with no bigger jumps running a 32t ring on the xx1.. whats not to like!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cranks and rings in stock at crc with certain options (170mm only)

10% off at the moment with the code on the home page

+

3% quidco

v10
    Free Member

Well it’s here:

For the weight weenies!

Cassette 269g
    Chainset (gxp 170mm 32t no bb) 566g
    Trigger (with inner cable) 108g
    Grip shift (with inner cable) 105g
    Grip shift half grip 36g
    Matching left hand full grip 62g
    Rear mech 241g

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not bad

wheres yours come from V10?

njee20
    Free Member

Cool! Cassette weight is bloody impressive. At risk of asking a daft question… what frame’s it going on?

havinalaff
    Free Member

V10’s is going on his santa cruz trc the big tart!!!

v10
    Free Member

njee the cassette is very impressive – dont get me wrong its BIG but its not really that much bigger than a 11-36

Going on my TRc for now – its all built apart from the chain which ive only just realised hasnt arrived! Freehub/cassette lockring system is nice and neat too.

matt23
    Free Member

Hi v10 – currently running a TRc with XO 1×10 looking to replace just curious what wheels are you running on your TRc with xx1 groupset.

Btw – very jealous!

v10
    Free Member

Matt I’ve been running Rise60s on it for a while and the freehub system took about 2 mins to change over – freehub kit came with everything for QR and 142×12. From what I’ve heard hope/dtswiss xD bodies are pretty much ready to go.

v10
    Free Member

Ready to roll, will report back after the weekend.

Got to say aswell, had my frame done over by invisiframe before i rebuilt with the xx1 and feel its worthy of a mention. Bloody fantastic job and very pleased with the finish. The gloss stuff (on matt finish) i had previous looked really patchy.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not tempted to run without a guide?

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah you’ve got to at least try without a guide!

v10
    Free Member

Not doing any harm though is it!

Will give it a go without the guide at some point soon but i cant be on with taking it off just now 😆

racingsnail
    Free Member

our trails in Molini, Italy

Is this the same place the DH boys do their pre season testing? If so I’m not surprised you lost the chain.

Gordymac
    Free Member

I’m following this thread with interest.

v10 looking forward to your thoughts.

Gordymac

mtbant
    Free Member

How was it v10 ???

juan
    Free Member

Is this the same place the DH boys do their pre season testing?

No it’s not they are going to San romolo

dirtyrider
    Free Member

what bb did you use v10?

my gxp seems to be incompatible with the ceramic bearing gxp bottom bracket – drive side binds on the bb cup

frogstomp

Do you have the part number for the matching grip? Can’t seem to find it on the SRAM/Fisher sites..

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Bike looks very good-any feedback on the XX1 stuff?

v10
    Free Member

Oops forgot about this ive been a rather busy bee!

Will drop some proper feedback down when ive got a little more time but first impressions are good.

Dirtyrider – running a Ceramic GXP with no problems?

Frogstomp – the matching left grips comes with the xx1 gripshift (no fisher spare part code for this on its own as yet)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

got mine sorted, not sure what i was doing wrong but the lbs sorted it

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

dirtyrider-have you done a ride with it yet?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

no, picked it up late last week, and work/kids have meant i couldn’t get out

was due to do dalby tomorrow but they had snow up there today so not sure about making the trip

frogstomp

Thanks – it’s not obvious from the stuff I’ve seen that they come as a pair..

beb

The only addition XX1 has over any other clutch mech is that it has a different profile to the teeth on the chainring…….do people really think thats enough to keep you chain on compared to a bog standard chainring?

Err not sure that’s totally true, xx1 rear mech has the horizontal parallelogram, which removes the second source of chain slap over bumps. Clutch mechs remove the main source but not all, if I’m to understand the SRAM press release stuff.

toons
    Free Member

What tool do you need to fit the cassette? I presume a normal cassette tool doesn’t work.

frogstomp

What tool do you need to fit the cassette? I presume a normal cassette tool doesn’t work.

From what I’ve read you can just use a normal cassette tool – it’s just that the lock ring is now part of the cassette, rather than a separate item.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

normal cassette tool works, cassette does not move, an internal sleeve rotates onto the freehub threads

toons
    Free Member

First ride on mine today, its bloody good 🙂

goes to 11 by jamesfergie, on Flickr

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I got mine on Friday, not tried it yet. Roll on next week!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

first ride on mine as well,

its nothing ground breaking, just nice to have such a big range without having a front shifter, simple,

no chainguide on mine, chain stayed where it should

deathly silent as well, like riding a singlespeed, all i could hear was the quiet whurh of the freehub (240s) –

toons
    Free Member

Its very quiet and moving the reverb to the left (under the bar) works well.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

2 rides in the peaks last week, so proper rocks, no dropped chain, still silent,

messiah
    Free Member

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Several rides in the lakes inc Garburn etc – no dropped chain, still silent and smooth.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

it was also muddy, and just worked, 42t to 36t jump feel natural as well and not as big as a jump as it seems

robgclarkson
    Free Member

the only thing putting me off is the price of the cassette…. someone reassure me that i needn’t worry… please?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running SRAM XX1 yet?’ is closed to new replies.