Home Forums Bike Forum Anyone running a Sprindex?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone running a Sprindex?
  • dirkpitt74

Looking at the Sprindex 290-320 DH coil for the Daughters DH bike.

Thought it might be easier to use this than have to buy multiple springs as she grows/gets heavier etc, also probably easier to dial the bike in than swapping springs for different types of tracks.

Anyone got one?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I have in the past, a 340-380lb offering. No complaints.

If you can get one cheap enough nothing to loose. What you will find is say a 300lb coil will differ manufacturer to manufacturer.

You might find if you had a 300 and 325 a preference for one over the other anyway, it’s not a huge difference but appreciate it might be important at the lighter end of the rider spectrum

solamanda
    Free Member

I’ve got one and it does what it says on the tin.  I set mine to the higher spring rate for mellow trails and slacken it off for uplifts/riding abroad.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have one, 550-610lbs on a 2022 Stumpjumper Evo. Used it for 18 months so far.

In my experience, it’s excellent for changing the midstroke and general dynamic ride height, it seems to have very very little effect on actual static sag. I use mine on an Ohlins ttx along with rebound HSC to quickly change the setup of the bike for different trails, for that it’s really convenient.

E.G I get around 15mm sag at both extreme ends of the adjustment, 550lbs will be almost exactly the same as the 610lb setting.

You can or course still use the regular preload setting to stiffen it up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.