Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone running a cdti vectra 150 on here??
  • renton
    Free Member

currently looking at cars to replace my cmax and im liking the look of the vectra.

my father in law has a 120bhp cdti but im sure you can get a 150bhp version.

if so is anyone running one on here that can give me an idea what the are like to run, i.e mpg/service costs etc.

thanks

steve

petrieboy

have that engine in a zafira. good engine and gets good economy in the Zaf so undoubtedly better in the vectra. in case you didnt already know, the 150bhp is significantly different to the 120 (16v Vs 8v) and has a god deal more torque. well worth the premium

carbon337
    Free Member

egr valve issues but can be fixed yourself and can be found on ebay for £60 upwards.

I have one in a zaf too, i like it – quick and plenty of power.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Running the Vectra estate. Big as a barge and the engine is willing and reasonably pokey. Pretty economical – I cane mine and still average 42 mpg. Which should give you somewhere around 500 miles out of the tank. I lent it to my parents for a week a couple of years ago while we were away and they managed 750 miles out of a tank of diesel.

Pretty cheap for servicing (20,000 mile intervals) and in my experience they are pretty reliable. Not the most involving car to drive but in general cheap, reliable and practical.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

have a company vectra sri 150 bhp, average about 44 mpg, but i do have roof bars/three bike racks up top all the time and don't go slow on t'motorway

steviegil
    Free Member

Used to own one and it was a good mix of power and economy. Common fault's to look out for are dual mass flywheel rattles, egr valves, inlet manifold issues…..if you want to read more have a look at http://www.vectra-c.com very informative site..

My old one was fitted with a tuning box si it was around 190 bhp and still averaged 45+ mpg. If i was buying one now i would try to buy one through the network q dealers as they offer excellent warranties..

steviegil
    Free Member

Used to own one and it was a good mix of power and economy. Common fault's to look out for are dual mass flywheel rattles, egr valves, inlet manifold issues…..if you want to read more have a look at http://www.vectra-c.com very informative site..

My old one was fitted with a tuning box si it was around 190 bhp and still averaged 45+ mpg. If i was buying one now i would try to buy one through the network q dealers as they offer excellent warranties..

bassman
    Free Member

Same as above got the SRI 1.9 diesel 600 miles per tankfull, 2000 revs in 6th gear doing the legal plus many more.
    06 plate cannot fault it so far due a new one this year insignia or zafira.
    it does carry aload with back seats down, nothing on the roof.
    Put it on cruise through road works and fuel consumption is great.
    More than happy chappy with it used Astra's before.
    Seems like it is the new Private hire cab though taking over from the Mondeo as so many now becoming availible on the 2nd hand car market should be able to bargain a good deal if you were to buy one.

DickBarton

I think the engines are built by Fiat – I'm sure it is the same engine in the Bravo MultiJet (the 1.9 not the 2.0 as the 2.0 is 165bhp). Good engines from what I've read/heard.

al-london
    Free Member

I have this same engine in my Saab 93 2007. Is very nice engine I also have a DPT tuning box so pushing 190BHP and still can get 44mpg and this is with Autobox.

Please remember this is actually a Fiat (Fix it again tomorrow) engine, and is actually suprisingly reliable.

And I happend to work in the motor trade. I havent heard of as many EGR issues as some of the other Vauxhall range but these suffer from cracked intake manifolds.

renton
    Free Member

thank for all the replies.

im currently driving an insignia estate as a hire car and i dont like it at all.

boot is tiny for an estate and the dash is littered with buttons.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a cdti vectra 150 on here??’ is closed to new replies.