Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Anyone running a 160mm fork on a Pitch
  • kwack
    Free Member

Wondering what the impact was or if it changed teh ride much?

Thanks

Kwack

Rickos
    Free Member

There’s lots that do. 36 Vanillas, Lyriks, etc. I sold a set of 180mm Marzocchis to a chap that was going to put them on his Pitch to burl it up for DH razzing. From what I’ve read most say it’s still very good with the extra travel.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. Coil Lyriks. DO IT!!

Not much heavier than the Pikes it comes with, but better damped and noticeably stiffer. Turns the bike into an even better downhill razzing machine IMO, and I can wind them down to 140mm if I want to ride a bit more XC-ish.

Best mod you can make to them IMO 🙂

nosedive
    Free Member

I’v thought about doing this with mine but I went for a large, which I am very happy with, but it does have a long long wheelbase. I don’t really want to make it longer

snakebite
    Free Member

St has some 170/80 marz on his Pitch and he’s had them for over 4 months so must be more than happy with them!

carbon337
    Free Member

Seanodav has some 2010 Marz 55 rc3 ti on his pitch and it rides lovely.

Bregante

I may be selling my 150mm E150’s off my enduro sl, complete with25mm hub front wheel, in a couple of weeks if you’re interested??

seanodav
    Free Member

Its what should be on the pitch imho.
    Heres mine with marz 55 rc3 ti’s as carbon says it rides very nice.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Damn i miss mine 🙁

Had 150 revs on mine and felt damn good

st

As above I have 180 66s on mine as it’s become my downhill bike, I guess you could technically try to do regular rides on them but I wouldn’t want to.

The bike was originally built up with Coil Lyrics which I rarely wound down from 160 except for big climbs. It was absolutely ace with them on.

As has been said the Pitch should come with a 160 fork.

Bagstard
    Free Member

U-turn Lyrik on mine, rides nicely at 160mm, but I wind them down for big climbs.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Lyrik solo airs on mine set to 160mm – can’t wind them down but never felt the need to.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’v thought about doing this with mine but I went for a large, which I am very happy with, but it does have a long long wheelbase. I don’t really want to make it longer

Don’t worry about that. You’re over thinking about it.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

I’d be buying the new one but am a but uncertain about that green! 😕

seanodav
    Free Member

Dont think it looks too bad in the new colour, prob better in the flesh/metal.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

have seen the red one and its a bit 😐 saying that i don’t like red!

pitcherpro
    Free Member

have seen the red one and its a bit 😐 saying that i don’t like red!

seanodav
    Free Member

If your on a small evans appear to have 2010 pro left

Edit: yes that red does look a bit gash 😯

pitcherpro
    Free Member

cheers sean , need a medium .Am debating if i should buy another and start again with the upgrades !?

seanodav
    Free Member

Mate of mine was looking for medium not long ago, evans had some when he spoke on the phone but wasn’t showing online

pitcherpro
    Free Member

is yours a comp sean? Not seen one with a blue rocker

seanodav
    Free Member

Nah its a pro from america, was a warranty replcement in 2009, it was they’re colour for then.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Those Bombers look damn nice… Am seriously thinking of getting a set of 160mm forks for my Wolf Ridge, the warranty on new Marzocchis is encouraging, even if the forks themselves cost a good chunk of our national debt.

seanodav
    Free Member

Yeah 3 year no service is pretty good, no need worry about scored uppers etc.
    Not cheap but what 160 fork is?

pitcherpro
    Free Member

last photo before it was stolen , only had those forks on for 4 weeks! 🙁

julioflo
    Free Member

So the Pitch frame is warantied for 160mm forks then?
    ooooohh

grumm
    Free Member

36 Vans on mine – amazing.

It’s my only bike and it does feel a little silly on some rides but I can’t wait to get it back to the Alps. Great fun on rocky Lakes/Scottish descents too.

seanodav
    Free Member

@ pitcherpro, insured im hoping?
    scumbag chavs 😈

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Yes Sean , insured but its the fact i’ve spent all that time and money getting it set up perfectly!Just awaiting payment 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

I did but found 160 too much for normal trail riding the bike was too long too slack and too floppy. But for some DH it was great. My advice would be to do it if your going to get externally travel adjustable forks so you can steepen it up for trail riding and going up hills.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So the Pitch frame is warantied for 160mm forks then?

On the Spesh website fork travel is listed at 140-160mm, so I’d guess it is, yes. 🙂

khani
    Free Member

Here’s mine, large with talas 36’s, 160 is good for dh and 130 for trail riding, also with a 5th elephant coil it’s suuuuper!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Khani, how does it climb with the coil? I’m looking into getting one at the moment.

khani
    Free Member

Climbs ok, got about 100psi in the boost/spv chamber with a little bit of low speed compression and the high speed compression about half way in with rebound set to taste and 30% sag, feels more supple than the rp2 but more controlled, works well IMO,
    EDIT I think a coil with some platform or low speed compression is better if you want it for trail riding as well as some dh,

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Anyone running a 160mm fork on a Pitch’ is closed to new replies.