Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone own a Canyon ultimate slx
  • nosaintangel
    Free Member

Getting myself a Canyon ultimate slx frameset .But not sure whether to get a medium or a small..So wondered if anyone on here has one and what are your statistics and what size did you go for.
    thanks

gravity-slave
    Free Member

How tall are you to be considering a medium?

I’m 6 foot and keep trying not to look at the Ultimate CF SL frame set. Right between medium and large on their calculator but the medium is 4mm longer than my current bike, which fits well. So I’d put 6′ at the top end of medium. Interested in feedback too.

smogmonster

Ive got the Ultimate CF SLX in Small, and im 175cms…I wouldn’t want to be any taller but it does fit fine. My lad is 168cms and rides a XS Ultimate CF, which is spot on for him.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Hi have the ulimate SL which I believe is exactly the same frame size/geo.

I’m 5.8 and a half and went for a small, but requested a 110mm stem. Fits well.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

i’m 5.10 inside leg 31 .i’v a scott cr1 pro which is medium . the medium canyon top tube is 5cm longer than the scott but the seat tube the same .the small canyon is the same top tube length as the scott and 25mm shorter seat tube .

pinder318
    Free Member

Im 6’2 and have a large frame as said previously the top tube is longer than most. The bike is spot on for stiffness and comfort and you wont find many lighter. Be careful with getting the right size as you cant just swap stems round to fit as its got a 11/4 steerer. Which leaves ritchey and giant overdrive2 stems. You wont regret getting one. Enjoy

nosaintangel
    Free Member

Put my stats into the sizing calculator and it tells me i need a small. will need a 110 stem though .
    thanks for the feedback 😀

gravity-slave
    Free Member

5’10” and small confirms my though that 6′ and medium with 110mm stem is right for me (currently on a 58 Cube with 545mm top tube and 110mm stem)

Leaves me confused though – 7 sizes and I’m on the 3rd from small. Who rides a XL? There’s even a 2XL and 3XL!

nosaintangel
    Free Member

confused is the right word.only thing that’s holding my back from ordering a small now is the steerer tube length 20mm shorter than my scott.
    i want one but would be good to sit on a med and a small first. 😥

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Similar dilemma here, comparing geometry and head tube was much shorter. Don’t want loads of spacers but don’t think I’m that bendy!

taxi25
    Free Member

In Majorca airport as we speak, just done 300mls in 4 days on my slx. I’m 6ft with a 33″ inside leg. Large for me with a 120mm stem. The size guide said medium but that wouldn’t have been right for me. Not unless I was racing with a 140mm stem.
    Bike was great by the way, couldn’t have been happier with it.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

5’10” and small confirms my thought that 6′ and medium with 110mm stem is right for me (currently on a 58 Cube with 545mm top tube and 110mm stem)

I’m also 6ft on a medium Canyon (Aeroad) with 110mm stem.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

M SL – 549mm
    M Aeroad – 560mm
    L SL – 566mm

Still stuck! 😉

Weirdly, price was a bit cheaper yesterday but gone back up. Only a tenner but last night it was ‘only’ 3 figures! 999 sounds better than 1009!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Weirdly, price was a bit cheaper yesterday but gone back up

dont they vary near-daily with the exchange rate?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Could be – but I keep teasing myself with the bookmark and it’s always been £1009 apart from yesterday. Hopefully it won’t drop below a grand again!

nosaintangel
    Free Member

still cant decide 🙁

nosaintangel
    Free Member

SLX in majorca you lucky person .
    what’s it like on the long climbs?

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

the medium canyon top tube is 5cm longer than the scott but the seat tube the same .the small canyon is the same top tube length as the scott and 25mm shorter seat tube .

Go for the small. 2″ on the top tube is massive, 1″ inch on the seat tube isn’t.

taxi25
    Free Member

SLX in majorca you lucky person .
    what’s it like on the long climbs?

Bikes great on the climbs, its me who’s a bit $%£& going up. Descends like a rocket as well 😀 Sure footed, responsive but still feels stable and holds a line really well. Pretty comfy on some of the rougher lanes to.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

in majorca last april 😀 not going till next though :cry:.
    think i’ll go with the small 100 stem instead of the 90.
    only downside is a 15mm lower head tube than my scott.
    used to getting lower though been tt.ing for nearly 20 years.

taxi25
    Free Member

The acros Headset with the built in adjuster is nearly 20mm,bit like adding 10mm to the head tube.

nosaintangel
    Free Member

done a search on acros headset and your right should gain another 10mm at least.
    thanks

moonwrasse
    Free Member

Hope you have better luck than I have in getting mine delivered. Just been delayed another 2 weeks at least. Was ordered 20 days ago and was ‘in Stock’! Was meant to be posted 14 days ago
    They cant cope with their orders atm.

poppers
    Free Member

Also fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with it – my other half having a nightmare with his (different canyon bike to the one you’re interested in) Bike is 4 months old and has been ridable for 2 following 3 major faults including frame failure. Canyon have had the bike 6 weeks and still can’t tell us when it will be fixed/replaced etc. apparently their mechanics are too busy. FFS.

womp
    Free Member

I’m 5’7 and just ordered a small, can’t give any feedback as mine was due this week but also delayed 2 weeks 🙁

nosaintangel
    Free Member

only getting a framset so hopfully it wil be here soon fingers crossed 🙄 .can’t wait to get it built up with my sram red groupset and get out and play.

Haze

Torn between one of these or an R3, I’d settled on small until the Cervelo caught my eye.

5’7″

womp
    Free Member

My CF SLX has arrived

First ride today, bike is fantastic, a small was certainly the right size for me at 168cm

nosaintangel
    Free Member

Looking good . Get it assembled and get out on it,careful it does’nt get blown away though 😆
    My frame the same as yours stealth was posted yesterday.So hoping to build it up next weekend. cant wait.
    did’nt read the bottom .you have been out on it .cool

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone own a Canyon ultimate slx’ is closed to new replies.