Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Anyone know the Abersoch area?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Just wondering if there is much to do on an out of season holiday there

globalti
    Free Member

Polish the Beemer with the sleeves of your fashion rugby shirt rolled up to show off your Tag?

midlifecrashes

They don’t take the beaches or hills away when August finishes, so pretty much everything that’s available in summer is there the rest of the year too, plus you can take your dog on the beach. Pretty much no bridleways on the Lleyn though, so road bike if you have one.

IHN

Is Abersoch still Bramhall-On-Sea?

But what midlifecrashes says really.

camo16
    Free Member

If beaches are your thing, Hell’s Mouth/Porth Neigwl and Porth Ceiriad are great even when the weather’s cold and pants. Plus there’s the village itself – I imagine the surf shops are pretty much sale-tastic, so good opportunity there to snap up those Hurley, Rip Curl and O’Shea t-shirts you’ve always wanted. Oh, and the fine metropolis that is Pwllheli offers all sorts of experience delights and even has an ASDA – it’s only 4 miles from the ‘soch. Happy days. 😉

RustySpanner

Lots of nice walks – The Rivals are good fun.
    Have a poke around the old granite quarry at Trefor whilst your at it.

Welsh Language Centre is worth a visit, lots of castles and Snowdonia is round the corner.

Top cafe at the Welsh Highland Railway in Porthmadog.

Take a kite?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Pretty much shuts down tbh. A few more shops stay open year round than they used to.Once the caravan parks close it’s pretty much a ghost town. I just used to go to Cape Town for 4 months instead (lived in Abersoch for 5 years).

camo16
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner… you speak wise words, except the Rivals, Trefor, castles, Snowdonia and Porthmadog are all at least a 30 minute drive from the ‘Soch.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

beautiful quiet roads/lanes all around ,there is the coastal path, for two legged fun, suppose it depends on how long you there- for a few hours or days ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Pretty much shuts down tbh

Not eactly true. You’ll find that pretty much everywhere will be open this half term – But quieter in the middle of January though.
    Walks etc are all good plus go-karting, bowling, shooting, etc available plus the pubs are quieter 🙂
    We’re down next week for a couple of days.

Rivals/Trevor are about 20 mins (this time of year). Caernarfon castle 35 mins.

Loads of info here

RustySpanner

True, but ANYWHERE is a 30 minute drive from Abersoch. 😀

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Good food just up the road at Plas Bodegroes

SiB
    Free Member

Ty Coch Inn on Nefyn beach….if you need a purpose for a walk then its a nice little pub right on the beach (anyone please feel free to correct spelling)
    Nefyn golf course if you’re that way inclined
    Sea fishing
    Road bike as mtb’ing few and far between
    Hells Mouth for walks on deserted beaches at this time of year
    Abersoch much nicer when quieter, we’ve got use of a static in Botnwog(?) about 3 miles and dont go in to ‘town’ when its holiday season due to

Polish the Beemer with the sleeves of your fashion rugby shirt rolled up to show off your Tag?

There are some prize w*nkers there during holiday season. And too many scousers on their jet skis. Much nicer out of season.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Ty Coch on the beach at Morfa nefyn is indeed a great pub, worth the effort of getting there .
    Does shut in nov though!

catvet
    Free Member

Better out of season as fewer people around, surf usually better , beaches quiet ,good windsurfing, good biking if know the area well 50 mins from coedy.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks all

jambalaya
    Free Member

We’re off to Snowdonia this weekend weather looks stunning cold with clear skies, as others have said the mountains are still there and it’s less busy. You may find a few restaurants shut so it’s worth checking but still tons to do, just take appropriate clothing.

sharkbait
    Free Member

If you do go to Abersoch I’d recommend eating at Zinc – simple short menu but good, plus they’ve got the stove lit so it’s very cosy. Go in the morning and you can get the very wonderful ‘fritzy’ bap…. Giant bap full of hash brown, egg, sausage and bacon. Nom nom.

burko73

I stopped in there on my way through north Wales at the end of August…. Couldn’t believe it. It was like holly oaks. Loads of plump lipped botoxed up orange girls in skinny jeans and lots of handbag dogs, ice white range rover sports and jetskis.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Sounds great! 😆

sharkbait
    Free Member

at the end of August

That’s your problem there.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

It is where the cheshire’set’ go for seaside frolics. The area around is very nice, the place itself is to be avoided like savile’s dressing room.

davidjones15
    Free Member

The area around is very nice, the place itself is to be avoided like savile’s dressing room.

Only if you’re narrow minded or some kind of inverted snob. 😉

rudebwoy
    Free Member

It is a transplant of cheshire, and not the macclesfield type either, you just need bags of money and a suspension of belief.

surfer
    Free Member

Take a look at the “warrens” it is a caravan site with delusions of grandeur! Several hundred thousand of your pounds will buy you a 20 year lease then several 000 per annum.

surfer
    Free Member

Nice place to camp and the beaches are nice. Nice place to swim however if I ever catch up with the guy who almost hit us on his jetski when my daughter and I were swimming within the cordoned area I will “do time” for him 👿

davidjones15
    Free Member

The yacht club used to be such a pleasant place to be, some of the less exclusive bars were a bit iffy of an evening and the locals were generally friendly. Sailing wasn’t too bad either. But the area does need a bit of a clean up so I’m told.

camo16
    Free Member

If you do go to Abersoch I’d recommend eating at Zinc

45 minute wait for a fry up when I was there last. 👿 Should be okay out of season, though.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know the Abersoch area?’ is closed to new replies.