Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Vertically challenged and 26/29ers/650b
  • matther01
    Free Member

Will 650b’s be the ideal half way house for vertically challenged like me in the future?

kayak23

Depends how ‘challenged’ you are I suppose….

Do you need a halfway house? What’s wrong with 26”?

brakes
    Free Member

you can get snake oil in many different sizes.

matther01
    Free Member

5’9”, but when I look at my 6’+ brothers, I always feel small!

I’ve had plenty of 26 bikes, but I keep hearing 29ers are ‘fast and flowing’, even downhillers get faster times on them etc, so I was going to stick my toe in the water with a 29er, but after being on one, it feels a bit…unnatural, like I’m riding one of my brothers bikes when I was a kid!

druidh
    Free Member

I’m 5’7″ and Santa Cruz recommend a Medium sized 29er HT for me. I’ve ridden a Salsa Mamasita and would also need a Medium. The 16″ Scandal I (briefly) owned felt about right too.

kayak23

5’9”, but when I look at my 6’+ brothers, I always feel small!

That would be because they are taller…..

I’m 5’8”, have no intention of riding 29”but not because of height.
    Don’t change because others are…

ski
    Free Member

I am 5’9′ too and use both a 26 and 29er inbred

I’ve had plenty of 26 bikes, but I keep hearing 29ers are ‘fast and flowing’, even downhillers get faster times on them etc, so I was going to stick my toe in the water with a 29er, but after being on one, it feels a bit…unnatural, like I’m riding one of my brothers bikes when I was a kid!

Agree about being more flowing, not noticed any differance in speed tbh, the 26er is more fun on chuckable tighter stuff, If I had to chouse only one bike though, it would be the 29er.

nbt

I’m 5’9″ and just treated myself to a 16″ on-one scandal 29er. It’s ace. I could even have gone with the 18″, having tried my mates.

tinsy
    Free Member

SKI, what size inbreds do you buy?

ski
    Free Member

Tinsy, I run two 26ers one 16″ and one 18″, the 29er is 16″, but have used/owned a 18″ 29er too, which to me, felt too big.

tinsy
    Free Member

sorry for the hijack OP.

Ski, thanks for that, I currently run an 18″ scandal you see, at 5’8 but have a 32″ leg it fits fine & I have no complaints, I know I am supposed to be on the 16″ really. I keep getting tempted to try out a 29″ bike and it will probably be another On One, but think I may drop to 16″ for the bigger bike.. You have confirmed my suspicions.

weakknees
    Free Member

I’m 5`10″ but only have short legs

I’m riding a SS 17″ Kona Unit 29er -ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT, fits me much better than my 16″ Inbred 8)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Vertically challenged and 26/29ers/650b’ is closed to new replies.