Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone know of decongestants that don't have stimulating effects?
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

I've got a cold that has stopped streaming and is now 'bunging', causing earache and sinus pain as the most troublesome symptoms. I need to clear it for the Strathpuffer next weekend. Are there any decongestants that are 'race legal' for around race time and won't keep me up all night for just now? I need my sleep and I'm buzzing and it's 4 AM. 🙁

All advice gratefully received.

igm

Night nurse? Probably not for StrathP though.

scaredypants

wizz during the morning, steam inhalation whenever you can ?

iDave
    Free Member

i don't think the WADA testers will be at SPuffer, and doubt if anyone would be upset at you taking day nurse or lemsip

hilldodger
    Free Member

Olbas oil

sslowpace
    Free Member

I have found sudafed is good for unblocking. Night nurse at night, or any meds without caffiene.

nickc

saline drops

iDave
    Free Member

it's pseudoephidrine that is a common stimulant in these drugs. just say yes.

cp

doubt you'll need to worry about doping at 'puffer! Anyway, I just use bog standard paracetamol for relieving sinus pressure & pains – works a treat for me.

trail_rat
    Free Member

im gonna dob you in jo! you best just sit tight behind me or its curtains ! 😉

I just use vicks first defence and paracetamol – always works well for me (uk edition ;))

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I always use Sudafed but the Sudafed with psuedoephedrine in it (which are the over the counter ones). I don't find it's a stimulant but I find they work brilliant if you take one just before you go to bed. I guess though everyone may be different.

brant
    Free Member

pseudoephidrine

work brilliant if you take one just before you go to bed.

depends what you're doing.

Does nobody else get the same effect that I do with pseudoephidrine?

🙁

scaredypants

the Sudafed with psuedoephedrine

not any more – you can make crystal meth from pseudoephedrine so they now put something else in there

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Whats this – getting your excuses in early?

xylometazoline sprays ( otrovine / sinex etc) are good – but like all decongestants you get rebound stuffiness – ie its wosre than it was when you started after the drug wears off

Kit
    Free Member

steam inhalation whenever you can

with menthol crytals – quite a wake up!!

Of course cure is better than anything, so would recommend masses of Vit C (ignore the dosage on the packet) and echinacea.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Sudafed with pseudoephedrine can still be bought over the counter! I bought some last week!??? There's lots of things you can make crystal meth with 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

I read the title all wrong. I'll bail now…

cullen-bay
    Free Member

remember your blood passport for the puffer, people! 😀

jojoA1
    Free Member

I knew they wouldn't be testing at the Puffer really, It's the not getting any sleep at this stage where I need to be resting that was bugging me. I crashed and burned last night at about 7pm and woke at 9ish with horrendous earache where all the gunk had settled.

Took a Sudafed this morn to try and shift the crap in my Eustacian tubes and have been steaming my head with Olbas Oil all day. Much improved and likely to be able to sleep tonight. 🙂

JulianA
    Free Member

What stimulant for staying up all night?

Also bails…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know of decongestants that don't have stimulating effects?’ is closed to new replies.