• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • anyone know "injured flanker" seller?
  • andyparle
    Free Member

I am currently trying to get hold a member call “injured Flanker” who sold me a frame which on close inspection has 3 small cracks running from the seatpost slit and a dent on the weld of the downtube. I emailed him about this and he asked me to send him some photos and that he would never knowingly sell a cracked/damaged frame (to be fair they where hard to spot and could have easily been overlooked).
    I sent him the photos and have had no reply for 3/4 weeks and he seems to have disappeared from the forum.
    I have ended up spending £60 getting a frame repairer to weld the area on the seat tube, not best pleased!

injuredflanker
    Free Member

Andy,
    I have replied to your email.
    You have not informed me that you have had any work done to frame?
    Nice one.

tomhoward

*puts kettle on*

No biscuits im afraid, mini cheddars do?

uwe-r
    Free Member

I’ll have a chocolate octopus please.

peterfile
    Free Member

Send in the Clowns

glupton1976
    Free Member

And this is why I have never bought or sold anything on the classifieds. People are wanting new stuff for 2nd hand prices, and there’s a number of rip off merchants preying on that. Not that I’m saying injured flanker is one of those people.

Pigface
    Free Member

Well you miss out on some bargains then.

peterfile
    Free Member

And this is why I have never bought or sold anything on the classifieds. People are wanting new stuff for 2nd hand prices, and there’s a number of rip off merchants preying on that. Not that I’m saying injured flanker is one of those people.

I’ve bought and sold LOADS of stuff in the classifieds over the years, glupon. Never had a problem.

uwe-r
    Free Member

That’s a bit glum glumpton. I have only ever had good results but I am very careful with what I sell. I tend to either use something to death or move it on straight away. If id ridden a frame for years I would check it very carefully before selling.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Well you miss out on some bargains then.

Possibly. But then there are plenty places where the risk of getting ripped off is less and the prices more realistic.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve had no issues on the classifieds thus far. Im pretty careful about who I deal with. So tend to avoid newly joined members and ones that only inhabit the classifieds are viewed with suspicion and their history reviewed.

The OPs cracked frame sounds unfortunate, but the seller’s response leads me to avoid him in future.
    OP berated by the seller because he got the frame fixed himself after no response from the seller after a month? Not on!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

…tempted to go and get some Ritz crackers for this

bearnecessities

I have garibaldi.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Indeed save yourself for trolling 🙄

Drac

The issue is between the seller and the buyer so I’m closing this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘anyone know "injured flanker" seller?’ is closed to new replies.