Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone know anything about credit scores/ratings?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

For the last 2 years I’ve been struggling to get credit despite having a decently paid permanent job, owning a house and not having any defaults on my record. Eventually i did some digging (through equifax) and it turned out that all their records were wrong, no record of me on electrol register, no credit agreements against current address (wrongly) etc.

So after pointing this out to them they amended their records, and it now states my credit score is strong. So I apply for a credit card….and again get rejected. Turns out the card company use 2 different credit agencies other than equifax.

Am I right in thinking that these companies won’t share info, and that I’ll need to contact every credit ref agency individually to check what records they have on me?

scooper
    Free Member

There are 3 agencies – Equifax, Callcredit and Experian. The do share information through the “Principles of Reciprocity” but this is not real time so it can take a few weeks to wash through.

You probably should contact the other two to try and push through the corrections. You can register with all three to see your credit file and score (they each have their own scoring. It’s not uniform/synced) so you can monitor when the fixes are made.

Good luck!

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

This should tell you all you need to know. Came in very handy when I left uni and found someone had been hacking my virgin credit card

Money Saving Expert – Credit Scores

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know anything about credit scores/ratings?’ is closed to new replies.