Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone know a bike friendly taxi company around Malaga?
  • Hooter
    Free Member

I just found out that the Spanish train company won’t take bikes on trains going north from Malaga – b*st*rds, they don’t say this on their english website, only the spanish one. Just found this out and our touring holiday is a week away. Long shot, but can anyone recommend a taxi company which doesn’t cost a bomb to take a pair of bikes from Malaga to somewhere like Antequerra or Puente Genil? Cheers!

uplink
    Free Member

Have a word with Alan @sierracycling.com he may help you

donsimon
    Free Member

Cerncanias will accept bikes out of peak hours, I’ll have a look later.
    Look for a large taxi or taxi with a roofrack, they’ll take it no problem if it’s boxed or bagged. It’s money innit? There’s a crisis, innit?

flamejob
    Free Member

The C2 takes bikes (one per carriage).

Lunes a Viernes: Todo el día.

Sábados y Festivos: Todo el día.

Bicicletas por coche: 1

LÍNEA C-2: Málaga – Álora – Málaga

Normal Malaga Taxistas are bastards and charged me an extra €10 to drop a seat for the 15 min trip to the centre one day. Mrs Flamejob has also been ripped off by them at various times; as she’s spanish!

I’d have a search for a private company if you want to take a taxi, or go with Switch-Backs ’cause you get a free airport transfer 😉

Hooter
    Free Member

Thanks for that. It looks like the C2 doesn’t go far enough north for us. I’d better start negotiating with the on line taxi transfer companies 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Taxistas are bastards and charged me an extra €10 to drop a seat for the 15 min trip to the centre one day.

I didn’t say they wouldn’t charge for it! 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone know a bike friendly taxi company around Malaga?’ is closed to new replies.