Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Anyone had issues with Sunset Cycles
  • bukobuko
    Free Member

I ordered a bike and it turn out they cant deliver it boxed. Only Trek bike apparently, so I asked them to cancel the order and they hung up on me 3 times. They did say they would cancel it but according to the finance company they haven’t.

wiggles
    Free Member

So you ordered a trek?

They do not allow mail order bikes, only collection from a dealer. Most websites should have it built in to not let you order/tell you collection only of its a trek (or other brand that has similar restrictions)

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Sounds like they just wanted a sale.
    But we don’t know the full details of day of order???

bukobuko
    Free Member

Well I know from other trek dealers that they could not mail-order, so I checked the sunset site and it said nothing about restrictions on the delivery page so I quickly ordered one and missed the bit where it said click and collect only on treks, Anyway no big deal a mistake by me, I didn’t expect them to be unhelpful when I asked to cancel. I’m going to ring them back tomorrow and see what’s what.

bukobuko
    Free Member

So why cant Trek post bikes like everyone else?

SaxonRider

I just had a look at Sunset’s website, and at the bottom of each Trek bike page, it says:

Trek Mail Order Policy
    Trek bikes are available for in-store collection and delivery in certain areas only. If you are interested in ordering this bike by mail order, then simply ‘Add to Basket’ and complete the checkout or finance application (no money will be taken). We will then inform you as to whether delivery is available in your area.

I assume you just got excited and missed it. 😐

bukobuko
    Free Member

Yes I got to excited and missed that bit but the delivery pages says nothing. The bike TREK SUPERFLY 9.7 is a bargain at £1399 so that’s why I rushed to buy it.

sv

That policy supports your case – no?

iolo
    Free Member

So price match it with Evans and collect it if posting is not possible.

taxi25
    Free Member

How far away do you live ? Why not make a day of it and visit wonderful Cardiff 😀

bukobuko
    Free Member

I admit I was hasty and got it wrong, I don’t like driving long distance (400 mile trip) the deal was the best I could find with 0% finance, Evans don’t do finance on bikes that are discounted, and the closest shop WHEELBASE have the bike at full price because its not in stock.

coatesy
    Free Member

Working in the workshop, rather than on sales, and having no details to hand as i’m at home, I have no idea what’s happened here, but rest assured it’ll be dealt with asap. Call Jason tomorrow after 9:30, and he’ll sort it whilst you’re on the phone (try one of our other numbers in case the cutting off has been due to a problem phone/line we’re trying to get sorted).

bukobuko
    Free Member

Ok, that’s great news Thanks, I’m not trying to start anything just a little unsure what was going on with the phone call’s cutting off.

coatesy
    Free Member

No worries, things sometimes go wrong, it’s how they get sorted that matters.

SaxonRider

Nice one, coatesy. I cycle past you every day. Maybe one of these days, I’ll pop in and say hi, or even bring you some business.

creamegg
    Free Member

Sunset is my lbs. top guys especially the ones in the workshop.

Frankers
    Free Member

I previously bought a bike of Sunset and had sterling service from them, nice shop and decent lads

Bullet

+1 Bought a Ghost a few years ago and they were good…

hora
    Free Member

I thought that you could only rent a ghost..

You here all week hora?

moonboy
    Free Member

Sunset were great when I bought a bike from them back in 2011 and were also amazing when that frame cracked earlier this year and I needed proof of purchase. Emailed to me within minutes of phoning in.

Will buy again A++++++ (etc)

coatesy
    Free Member

Can’t find an emoticon that blushes 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

But I’ve had two Trek’s delivered by mail order…..

bukobuko
    Free Member

Well Its been sorted so big thanks to coatesy and Sunset for sorting this minor problem. I have bought a bike from them years ago and there service was great.. and still is.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had issues with Sunset Cycles’ is closed to new replies.