Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Anyone had a pay rise recently??
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

oil and gas here also – 30% on my base and 35% on my day rate

perhaps not an entirely fair comparison as id just finished my
    “graduate training period”

wrightyson
    Free Member

I shall spend time tonight looking for building work within the oil industry 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I shall spend time tonight looking for building work within the oil industry”

youd be surprised at what jobs are required ill tell you that

kimbers

publicly funded cancer research here

so not a chance- infact we narrowly avoided a paycut!

jonba
    Free Member

Over the last 3 years 0%, 2%, 3%. I’ve had promotional payrises on top of that each year of about 2%, Doesn’t feel like I have any more money though and given the rate of inflation I’m probably no better off.

Still, a small rise is better than bugger all. We’ve had a really successful year in our small area of the business but unfortunately other areas have had the worst ever so it is toning down the optimism.

johnhe

I’m really lucky that I work for a multinational. My division is not doing so well, so far from a pay rise, we’d be looking at redundancies, but our parent company is doing well outside Europe, so we’re getting a pay rise in April. My wife works for the NHS so she’s insanely jealous. But then, she didn’t have 30% layoffs and a 30% pay cut two years ago!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

5% last year and looking like 4% this year.

God bless the union 🙂

gsp1984
    Free Member

There’s a lot of employers claiming poverty, the good proportion of which is bullshit. They are either lining the senior management pockets, or saving for a rainy day… If its the latter then fair enough, just be honest I say.

I got a 10% bonus in November… Then 4.5% payrise in January. My employer then got spooked by two people leaving and feared I would do the same so I got another 8% this month.

I don’t take it for granted though, I’m equally happy as anyone else just to have a job, I’m just fortunate that I got into an industry just at the right time that’s not stopped booming and I’m one of the few with a lot of experience.

bearGrease

22% payrise this year and 28% the year before. I do work my @hrse off though so I figure I’m worth it.

Spud

Nope, another pay cut on top of the other cut backs affecting our take home!

MRanger156
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple in the past few years but just the odd 2-3%. In that time I have been promoted and taken on more responsibility and I’m going to ask for another payrise at my next review in the summer.

njee20
    Free Member

3 in the last 6 months 😀

One annual bonus and two promotions.

grum
    Free Member

Not even an inflationary pay rise for 3 years now. No sign of it changing any time soon either. Working for a charity.

Will probably make more off my photography business next year though.

Harry_the_Spider

Yes thanks.

Pay rise, bouns and redundancy. Hmmm…

freeagent
    Free Member

Got about 3% at Christmas, we always get something like that as a nod toward inflation.
    I wouldn’t work anywhere that didn’t at least make a token effort toward inflation – I mean its not like I’m worth a little bit less every year is it?
    In reality 3% doesn’t cover the huge rises in food/fuel/etc, but its better than nothing.

I’m arrogant/qualified/good enough to not hang around anywhere that wasn’t giving me what I thought I was worth… despite what the Daily Mail might tell you, there is money around in Defence.

TiRed

4% and an annual bonus.

grum
    Free Member

freeagent – Member
    Got about 3% at Christmas, we always get something like that as a nod toward inflation.
    I wouldn’t work anywhere that didn’t at least make a token effort toward inflation – I mean its not like I’m worth a little bit less every year is it?
    In reality 3% doesn’t cover the huge rises in food/fuel/etc, but its better than nothing.

I’m arrogant/qualified/good enough to not hang around anywhere that wasn’t giving me what I thought I was worth… despite what the Daily Mail might tell you, there is money in Defence

Well, some us do stuff that we like to think makes a positive contribution to society so money isnt the be all and end all. Still not too happy about it TBH. Don’t have much choice though as there’s very few opportunities in my sector/area at the moment.

Good to know there’s still money/pay rises in Defense, ie war. We know where our priorities are as a country.

binners

🙄

mk1fan
    Free Member

Yes, but that’s because I’ve been inundated with instructions.

drookitmunter
    Free Member

Aye, 19%. You’re worth whatever you can negotiate with your employer. If you don’t like it – move on and up. If you can’t do that you’re probably not worth it.

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve effectively moved jobs three times in the last year, gone from £25.5K to £37K basic by seizing the opportunity……. Companies don’t give a flying F for employees so the feeling is reciprocated and the next company to offer me £40K plus will have the honour of my services 😆

freeagent
    Free Member

freeagent – Member

I’m arrogant/qualified/good enough to not hang around anywhere that wasn’t giving me what I thought I was worth… despite what the Daily Mail might tell you, there is money in Defence

Well, some us do stuff that we like to think makes a positive contribution to society so money isnt the be all and end all. Still not too happy about it TBH. Don’t have much choice though as there’s very few opportunities in my sector/area at the moment.

Good to know there’s still money/pay rises in Defense, ie war. We know where our priorities are as a country.

Woa there mother Theresa – be careful on that moral high ground…
    I completely agree that money isn’t the be all and end all, and at no point did I say I earned loads… I just said I wouldn’t hang around somewhere that was taking the p*ss out of me – ironically if I was responsible for £20 million worth of projects (as I am at the moment) in the charity sector i’d probably earn more than I do now…
    If you want to earn loads of money, try finance or law, not Engineering.

yetim
    Free Member

I think I heard this morning unemployment benefit in going up more than the armed forces average,

jonesyboy

self employed designer – 75% pay cut 3 years ago, but through some exceedingly long hours andd hard graft nearly back to normal. oh – and no pension, holiday pay or sick pay, and most definitely this daylight robbery of being able to phone up after your holiday and say you were ill therefore not using any holiday entitlement 😉

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Got 3% in Jan last instalment of a three year deal

Part of the deal was if inflation was over 3.5% or under 2.% both sides would talk about extra or less to take that figure into account

The company were not so keen when it was at 5% in fact flatly refused to even discuss it, bet they would have if it had been 2%

sparkyrhino

Tijuana taxi .work for the reich of the open kind ?

GJP
    Free Member

Hopefully next week, but I am not expecting much, it will be the first for a few years, so many I have lost count.

footflaps

After our CEO effectively ran the company into the ground last year, which resulted in a round of layoffs, I doubt we’ll get anything this year and there’s more than an outside chance the company won’t survive the year either!

Hohum
    Free Member

1.76% next month after a 20% pay cut last year when I switched jobs.

Not complaining because at least I am working and bringing in some money.

mrgibbons
    Free Member

19% in a job I’ve been in 4 months, total surprise that ‘come to my office’ email was..

peterfile
    Free Member

I actually just offered a prospective employer the opportunity to give me a pay cut, and ended up with a pay rise 😯

Was down to the last few for a job I really, really wanted. Competition was the toughest I’d ever come up against and roles like this don’t come around often. I knew at least one of the other candidates and by the fact that I am currently practising for a global firm, knew that my salary would probably be higher than the others.

So I tried to take salary out of the equation and level the playing field. I was really up front and gave the board a figure I would prepared to take (which I pointed out was a 20% cut on my current salary). No point wasting anyone’s time eh?

Was offered the job (much to my surprise) and they came in at about 15% HIGHER than my CURRENT salary. Took a good few days for it all to sink in. As sad as it may seem to some people who believe that work is nothing more than a means to pay the bills…I cried that night. Mixture of excitement, relief, but probably above all I finally started to feel like I was worth something after over a decade of competing toe to toe with my peers.

Corporate/Commercial Law. Generally sucks balls, but may be looking up 😉

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Tijuana taxi .work for the reich of the open kind ?

Yes indeed I do and what a pleasure it is.

_tom_
    Free Member

Passed my 3 month probation so now I get a whole £500 a year more than my previous salary 🙂

mattbee

Last year I got a 20% rise but that was after 5 years of being on the same wage. I do work about 22 hours a week on average for a full time type wage plus ‘bonus’ payments monthly so I am happy with where I am. Will never be rih but have all I need/want.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

we’re boot strapping at the moment, and as the company has no real income, neither do it. haven’t earnt a penny since April last year through my ‘real’ job. taken on a 2nd job to pay for food etc.

still, when payday comes… 8)

momo

I had 3.7% last year, standard cost of living increase within my company.
    Currently negotiating this years deal, I’m pushing for 10% + RPI as I’ve been in post for almost two years now and have proven myself as one of the top performers in my team. I’ll also get a 3% bonus for hitting all my targets this year (this is written into my contract).

munkyboy
    Free Member

10%cut three years ago, no increase since, private sector , no pension yada yada

tarquin
    Free Member

In the UK I had a pay decrease by 10%, increase in hours and workload then another 10% decrease and told to feel fortunate I kept my job.

Moved to Australia, doubled my UK wage from moving (OK cost of living is higher but its still an overall gain).

10% pay increase after 3 months, had a review after 6 months, gained some other benefits, company phone including personal use, a training allowance and some others.

It was hinted that if I asked in 6 months time I may get some other benefits or increase.

tazzymtb

Yep 4k payrise and a good bonus last year. I work my arse off in some stupidly dangerous and horrific conditions though so it almost makes up for it, although I have shortened my life expectancy somewhat due to a few incidents earlier in my career.

M6TTF
    Free Member

4th year without any sign of a salary increase – if nothing comes this year I’ll be looking elsewhere

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a pay rise recently??’ is closed to new replies.