Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone had a 29er and then gone back to 26?
  • tufty
    Free Member

Considering a 29er hardtail as potentially ideal for replacing my old/tired hardtail which gets used for quick blasts around the local trails, winter night rides and generally trying to keep the cobwebs at bay between longer rides on my fs trail bike. I understand the theoretical pro's and con's of 29", and of course, I'm planning to demo before making any real decision, but I'm interested in folks experiences. Specifically, wondering if in amongst the many 'converts' to 29 inch wheels I've read about, there are folks who've found that after buying and riding a 29er for a while, they've subsequently decided that 26 is best for them?

firestarter
    Free Member

ive gone back to smaller wheels after a 69er and three 29ers wouldnt mind another rig tho lol might try one of the 650b bikes one day too 🙂

robob
    Free Member

yes! me!

i bought an on one SS full build 29er and while it was fine i just preferd the "quicker" feel of a 26er (an on one 26 SS for the record). i think that the 26er is quicker to accelerate and quicker to flick round underneath you.

i spent a lot of time trying to convince myself that the 29er was right for me, but was please to get back to the 26er.

my mate however has a 29er and will never go back. horses for courses.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone had a 29er and then gone back to 26?’ is closed to new replies.