• This topic has 124 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by daveh.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)
  • Anyone got their lollipop yet (nexus 5)
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just arrived down here in Oz.

orena45

Yep, mine came through this evening on my N5. Yet to arrive for my N7 2012 though

Jamie
    Free Member

I guess I should do a Mike, and slag off the operating system I don’t use, but I just don’t seem to be able to summon the zeal he does.

I’m sure it’s very good at what it does, as well.

spacemonkey

My N5 says up to date.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Come up with something valid and off you go Jamie, or at least something funny. Got any big hand wavey graphs of betterness?

daveh
    Free Member

Spent the last two nights transitioning from Nexus 5 to Xperia Z2. No Lollipop for me for a while…

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

HTC says within 90 days for the M8

mikewsmith
    Free Member

just done the 2 user thing for home and work, will be interesting to see how that works out.

hora
    Free Member

Im still waiting for the nexus six

Stoner
    Free Member
    gravity-slave
    Free Member

If you’ve not had the update pushed to your phone and can’t wait, you can do this:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/11/13/download-android-5-0-ota-update-nexus-5-7-10-4/

Interesting update, some things great, some taking some getting used to.

snownrock
    aphex_2k
    Free Member

bwfc4eva868 – Member
    HTC says within 90 days for the M8

GPE Edition is out November/December so the customs wont be long after that. I’m more than happy running Android Revolution v22 with a heap of Lollipop apk’s so far. Be interesting to run LP on it though, properly. Mind, they’ll have to update xposed as there’s tonnes of modules I use and LP is ART rather than Dalvik so might hang on a bit.

edit: SkyDragon GPE Lollipo edition is available if you’re into custom roms.

WackoAK
    Free Member

just done the 2 user thing for home and work, will be interesting to see how that works out.

How does that differ from just having more than one user, is it using the same account?

spacemonkey

Availability news and options (including non-OTA download) for N5 here. Methinks I’ll wait for the OTA.

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Not arrived here yet, but I just found an easter egg while messing about. If you triple tap on the Android Version number in the settings it sets off on an animation of a Kitkat/Android logo. Might be old news but never seen it before 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

Broke the screen on my 5 (got in the car and it was OK, got out and it was broken…) so holding out for it to come through on my 4! As a slight hijack – can anyone recommend a good replacement screen/digitizer? It’s a minefield, I’m happy to repair it myself…

allthepies
    Free Member

Do a long press on the KitKat logo and it does moar stuff.

(swipe down from top of screen to get rid of said moar stuff )

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

I think i read that screen replacement on the nexus 5 is a PITA because the screen is built in to the chassis, however if you bought the phone direct from google there is a subsidised replacement/repair service. Good luck!

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Do a long press on the KitKat logo and it does moar stuff.

ha! wonderfully pointless! 🙂

scotroutes

And if you go into “about phone” and keep tapping the Build Number…..

WackoAK
    Free Member

just tried some of the “easter eggs” on my jelly bean build and get the same results 🙂

Freester

Not here on my N5 yet 🙁

mark90
    Free Member

Easter egg on jelly bean is best. Nothing like a good game of flicking the bean 😉

Still waiting for lollipop on my 2012 N7.

brassneck

Doesn’t half look like iOS8

Im still waiting for the nexus six

I hope you’ve got big pockets. I mean big, not deep.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Running 5 on my HTC One M8 now. Very noice!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

WackoAK – Member

How does that differ from just having more than one user, is it using the same account?[/quote]
    I have 3 google accounts running 2 work one home. Not gone all the way into it yet but looks like I can separate them and do proper don not disturbs based on that etc and have different screen setups for each (different apps at the front etc)

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Nexus 7 (both WiFi versions) and Nexus 4 now on this link:
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/11/13/download-android-5-0-ota-update-nexus-5-7-10-4/

This is the OTA file, but you download and apply it manually rather than wait for it to push out from Google’s servers. Installed with no data loss (in theory! Backup anyway etc…):
    http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/12/guide-how-to-use-adb-sideload-to-update-a-nexus-without-root-or-custom-recovery/

Nice Easter Egg in Lollipop – my high score is 0 so far!

There’s no ‘silent’ any more – you need to mess about with ‘Priority’ notifications rather than just volume down.

Alarms seem to be missing from the quick settings dropdown.

Messenger is the new SMS app rolled out quietly if you don’t want to use Hangouts.

People has become Contacts, but I can’t access all the groups I’d set up – rubbish!

Calendar is nice – 5 day view only by default – rotate the phone to landscape for 7 day view automatically!

daveh
    Free Member

Spent the last two nights transitioning from Nexus 5 to Xperia Z2. No Lollipop for me for a while…

And we’re back in the room – Z2 sent back, 2 complete hangs in 4 days and buggy software/touchscreen. Nexus 5 for a while more yet, but still waiting for Lolipop.

cranberry
    Free Member

I’ve just faffed around for the best part of an hour with adb, a Nexus 7 and a dodgy USB cable. Managing to wipe my data, I’ve been through the initial setup and then been offered … Lollipop.

🙂

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Pushed the OTA to me Nexus 4 day before yesterday…

It is NICE!

Seems to run smoother, and there’s definitely a decent improvement in battery life. Can’t wait for more apps to take advantage of the new designs and animations available.

Underhill
    Free Member

Just got it OTA in NI. Doesn’t look enormously different but haven’t really looked round that much yet. Battery Saver came up 5 minutes after installing.

So far, 1 point on the game. It’s hard.

somouk
    Free Member

Any ideas when this will be available for other vendors like Samsung?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep 1 point here too, the notification seem to be the biggest change and not taking over the screen for stuff.

cudubh

Arrived on my 5 tonight,yet to do so for my 7.

iolo
    Free Member

Will it ever be for my S4?

soobalias
    Free Member

arriving on my nexus 4

wish it would hurry up, need “sleep like andriod” about 15mins ago

scotroutes

Probably. Samsung haven’t confirmed yet.

IHN

Right, it arrived on my N5 last night.

And?

marky29er
    Free Member

Its merged my corp exchange email into gmail.
    I dont like that.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got their lollipop yet (nexus 5)’ is closed to new replies.