Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone got or ordered a new Nomad?
  • tinytimbo
    Free Member

Looking to pull the trigger of one of these beasts very soon.
    Just waiting on my LBS getting back to me on availability and wait times.
    (Frame only)

Would love to hear from anyone else who has ordered one or even has one already?
    Someone must have one, maybe?

Stu661
    Free Member

I have been told that the first drop is complete bikes only which should land soon and are all sold, the frames are to come a month later.

iolo
    Free Member

Beasts? It’s a bike, frame or complete, definitely not a beast.

wiggles
    Free Member

This week is when the first lot arrived so people probably out riding them…

singlespeedstu

They were making the trails come alive around the Surrey Hill like you wouldn’t believe.*

*May not be true as I’ve never been to Surrey never mind the small humps they call hills.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Frames arrive at the end of this month apparently.

Although the first drop is all sold out – so you may be in for a wait 🙂

tinytimbo
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    Beasts? It’s a bike, frame or complete, definitely not a beast.

Lol, I certainly think its a beast of a bike.

tomhoward

Mine (full bike, from the first drop of 20) is currently at stif waiting for invisiframe to get back off holiday so they can use it it make a template for a kit. Could have had on Monday if I didn’t want the frame protecting/a few extra bits fitting.

Stu661 is right, only sponsored riders get frame only for now, full bikes only for mortals.

tinytimbo
    Free Member

Tom, please post up your thoughts once you have ridden it.

Thank

wiggles
    Free Member

Heard from some guys at the EWS in Chile that it is brilliant on the downhills but they would rather be on the Bronson for anything with pedaling.

tinytimbo
    Free Member

wiggles – Member
    Heard from some guys at the EWS in Chile that it is brilliant on the downhills but they would rather be on the Bronson for anything with pedaling.

I’m not surprised its awesome downhill with a 65 degree head angle.
    I’ve had full on downhill bikes with steeper head angles.

Frame weight I believe is about 1 pound heavier fit the nomad over the bronson.
    That extra weight should give it some serious strength. It’s not like the Bronson is weak.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Tom, Invisiframe are not away, they wrapped Neil D’s frame just the other day?

tomhoward

Dunno then, guess they are back now and have a backlog? Hey ho.

wukfit
    Free Member

Even though it’s way more bike than I think I’ll ever need, I really want one of these.
    Currently living outside the U.K and was looking at spending about £2500 on a canyon or something when I get back, However I’ve just got a price from the dealer here…
    £1800 frame only
    £2400 frame and forks
    £3800 complete bike XO1
    Would I be an idiot if I went frame only given the above prices, and am I right in thinking I’ve got a better chance at customs if its a complete bike that’s a bit used as appose to a frame in my suitcase 🙂

tomhoward

If those prices are customer prices, bite their arms off! What country are you in?

munkyboy
    Free Member

Review on bike radar says it is better in every regard than the mark 1 and 2 models. Price is stupid though, you could build one from frame only cheaper than buying the full bike. What’s that about? I suppose it is one of those reassuringly expensive products.

wukfit
    Free Member

Yeah that’s their customer price, from authorised SC dealer
    Using the current exchange rate it works out £3620 for the complete bike,
    Problem is I don’t actually think it’s the right bike for me, I just really like it
    I need something I can ride all day uphill and down, probably a 140mm trail bike or similar really
    Need to find something more suitable with similar savings while I’m here (Thailand)

AlexSimon

4 people I ride with use a Nomad mkii as their main bike.
    Although I guess a Bronson or Solo should give you similar savings.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got or ordered a new Nomad?’ is closed to new replies.