Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anyone got a li ion lawn mower? What do you reckon to this Lidl one?
  • v8ninety

Cheap (relatively, at least) battery powered lawnmower for that sort of money, given the stores reputation for a cast iron warranty, I reckon it might be worth a punt, but I’ve never used a battery mower, cheap or otherwise. Are they good, or are they frustrating and underpowered, like cheap battery power tools? Brushless and Li ion powered says powerful to me, but not sure how this translates to mowing lawns…

DezB
    Free Member

Inherited my dad’s battery mower , i think it was a nicad one – it was bloody excellent. Shame it had been in storage and the battery died, couldn’t find replacement so had to chuck it.
    I’d get the Lidl one if I had the garden to warrant it!

v8ninety

Interesting! So by my reckoning (and RC car experience 😆 ) if NiCad = good, then LiPo/brushless should = awesumz! I’m definitely going to buy one. I’ll report back.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

That’s half the price of anything I’ve seen before. And only £20 more than the Bosch corded one I bought last year (where the cord is far too short for my square garden). I’d be very tempted.

prawny

I’ve got a bosch li-on one, it’s the danglies. I’d give the lidl one a go definitely, I wouldn’t go back to a corded one given the chance, and they’re loads more convenient than petrol ones

v8ninety

That’s it, I’m sold. I’ll be gutted if my local store doesn’t get some in on Thursday…

DezB
    Free Member

they’re loads more convenient than petrol ones

And quieter. And lighter. (But maybe not quite so… STW… 🙂 )

v8ninety

(But maybe not quite so… STW… )

Oh, I don’t know; it’s basically the Tesla (or at least the Leaf, yeah probably the Leaf) of the lawn mowing world, Shirley? Molgrips at least will approve, I’m sure 😆 plus it’s from STWs second favourite German discount store, so it must be good 8)

convert

If you are the kind of gardener (used with a sizeable pinch of salt) who treats his grass like he treats his chin (let’s it grown until it’s unkempt condition draws comment) are these leccy jobs man enough for the job of hacking down the meadow or do you have to be the fastidious type who schedules in weekly mowing the lawn between polishing the brass and aligning your tyre logos and valves?

DezB
    Free Member

They’re just like any other mower. I’m certainly not a fastidious type!

onandon
    Free Member

I have a Bosch one. Very good, non faff and last a fair few mows befor needing a charge. A bit spendy but good quality tools usually are.

v8ninety

Just popping back to feedback on my new mower; it’s brilliant. Heartily reccomend. I can do front and back small/mid sized lawns on one charge, it’s nice and quiet and it feels pretty good quality. Does what it says on the tin, and so much nicer than battling with my old budget petrol mower.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s your fault! I bought one too. So quick to do the lawns without faffing with a cable. Me mum noticed the lawn stripes too 🙂

v8ninety

8)

frogstomp

+1 here.. noticeably lighter to push around than my old petrol (semi-propelled) and doesn’t sink into the moss half so bad!

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmm,thougt this might be interesting as my petrol mower is on its last legs but how on earth do I find out if any stores have them, that link leads to an error page and lidl’s website is awful, seems I have to keep selecting a store before it’ll let me know what it sells, I can’t seem to just search for lawnmower? Or does this mean there all gone? 😕

DezB
    Free Member

how on earth do I find out if any stores have them,

We’re talking about Lidl – there is only one way…. you gotta go in the shops 😆

v8ninety

There’s still five in my local Lidl so there’s a fair chance you’ll pick one up at yours.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a li ion lawn mower? What do you reckon to this Lidl one?’ is closed to new replies.