Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 255 total)
  • Anyone got a google+ spare invitation?
  • sam_underhill

please.

Houns

tick

carbon337
    Free Member

anymore?

Kato

Get me on this bandwagon too!

I want to see what the fuss is about

scaredypants

what is it ?

how would I know if I had it ?

vdubber67
    Free Member

Is it going to be launched and die a fairly quick, quiet death like Google Wave? 🙂

flipiddy
    Free Member

A colleague at work is in and I have to say, from what I’ve seen it is very good. However, these things obviously come alive once your online network has joined (i.e.friends).

They have seen Facebook’s achilles heel… That is Facebook’s mediocre design and usability, as such Google have approached it from a very user friendly and design led angle.

Will be really interesting to see how this develops.

the-muffin-man

Is it going to be launched and die a fairly quick, quiet death like Google Wave?

Dunno about that – I think there are enough people who have issues with Facebook that would be prepared to switch to a better* alternative.

(*of course this is still to be proven!)

flipiddy
    Free Member

P.S. Also on the scrounge for an invite please! andrew.brough(at)gmail.com

afrothunder88

Me too, if anyone has a spare one my email is in my profile.

Cheers

RealMan
    Free Member

Google Inc. announced it has shut down the invite mechanism for its new social network due to “insane demand.” Vic Gundotra, senior vice president of Engineering at Google, said in a post on Google+, “We need to do this carefully, and in a controlled way. Thank you all for your interest!”

DickBarton

I’m now in…but as I’m not exactly a social kind of person, I’m not really sure what I’ve to do – mainly because I’ve no real need to go shout about stuff to anyone…so I’m in, but I’m still trying to work out what I can do with it – on the whole it is very similar to Facebook…but as the test group is so ‘small’, I’m not seeing any suggestions of friends (other than those from my mobile phone…still not worked out how they got there!) – Now worked out – my Gmail account had contacts in there and they were picked up.

I think I have the ability to invite people – but not sure yet…so if you want an invite…let me know.

Karl33to
    Free Member

not seeing any suggestions of friends (other than those from my mobile phone…still not worked out how they got there!

If you’ve got an android phone your contacts can be stored as part of your google account, so they are accessible right across all your google products, you can also edit them in gmail > contacts and the changes will sync down to your phone – which is pretty cool

I think I have the ability to invite people – but not sure yet…so if you want an invite…let me know.

if you do find that you have one going spare, would appreciate an invite… karl(dot)m(dot)payne[at]googlemail(dot)com

ji
    Free Member

would also appreciate an invite – partridgejl (AT) gmail (DOT COM)

Leku
    Free Member

can I have a play please

john@leku.co.uk

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

please can i have an invite.

email in profile.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If there are still some going tracker1972 at gmail.com would like one 🙂

Russell96

If there are any left I would like one too please russell96@gmail.com

DickBarton

Sorry folks, the link I had on my front page (bottom right) has now gone…it was there when I first joined and now that I’ve gone back in I can’t find it…as soon as I get it back, I’ll get sending the invites out…sorry.

DickBarton

thehillsofsomerset – no email in profile…

I’ve tried using the help and it says if I add you to a circle you can then get invited…no idea how this is working (or if it is working), but you are all likely to have some sort of communication from me…but I don’t actually know what.

bruneep

Dick one to me as well if you can

DickBarton

I’ve done…erm…something…mistyped your first name so the invite might have a v instead of c in your first name…although I’ve no idea what it’s actually doing…the help says there should be a green button that appears but it doesn’t (assuming as this is still field testing and not open to all yet it’s not doing the full thing)…

AJames
    Free Member

Can i have one please.

DickBarton

I don’t know if I’m sending invites or not…but I’ll keep adding you as Acquaintances and hopefully that will get you in…

Of course, if I could find an email address it would make things a bit easier…

bruneep

Nothing here yet.

mrmo
    Free Member

it seems that i might have an invite or two if anyone wants one.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Would appreciate one if anyones a spare

(my forum user name) @gmail.com

🙂

mrmo
    Free Member

singletrackhor invite has been sent hopefully,

just so people are aware i got an invite but it took at week for it to allow me to use google plus, it was saying over capacity.

Russell96

Nothing here yet, MrMo if you have one left I’d like it please

mrmo
    Free Member

another sent

Russell96

Fantastic! thank you 😀

DickBarton

Hopefully you will now all have an invite…logged in again just now and had the option to invite you all so have now done so!

Well have done so for those who I can find an email address for…

d’oh! In my haste to get this sorted, I didn’t read mrmo’s posts so you may have double invites!

Leku
    Free Member

you are now in my ‘singletrack’ circle.

and not a sticky biscuit in sight.

sc-xc

Could I see what it’s all about please? If anyone has the ability to invite me…I am tom.2.davies@btinternet.com
    Thanks

mrmo
    Free Member

done

codybrennan
    Free Member

If anyone has a spare one going, could I be invited?

theterranaut AT gmail DOT com

Many, many thanks-

lister

<pedant mode> It’s an INVITATION, not an invite. You invite someone with an invitation.

Sorry 🙂

What are they BTW, and do I want one?

DickBarton

Invite now sent…if the pedant wants an invitation he can let me know! 😉

lister

No, really, what are they for? I’ve never been in at the start of something…or am I so far out of the loop that this isn’t even the start?

Creg

Could someone send me one please?

email in profile

Thanks 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 255 total)

The topic ‘Anyone got a google+ spare invitation?’ is closed to new replies.