Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • anyone fitted thule aero roof bars to a 3 door mk5 golf gti?
  • parisroubaix

Any problems with mounting or other issues- I presume they have to latch in the tiny gap between the rear glass and roof at the back, and through the door seal at the front?

GlennG
    Free Member

Was thinking the same for my scirocco, 2 doors plus rear side windows, I am sure that Thule do a foot pack for the 3 door golf/scirocco. Try UK Roofracks?

majorspaniel

Yes, iv been running mine for 3 years now, they do fit on the rear as you imagined but on the front there should be a small black plastic screw on the body inside the door, the front feet locate on these, hope this helps

parisroubaix

thanks guys, any major effect on fuel consumption? Whats the wind noise like?

I use them on my a3 which is the same shell albeit with a different method of fixing the front bar.

majorspaniel

Wind noise isn’t to bad, just turn the stereo up a little 😀 driving sensible mine does about 3-5mpg less than normal, which is better than I thought it would be

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘anyone fitted thule aero roof bars to a 3 door mk5 golf gti?’ is closed to new replies.