Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 599 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining up with Zwift “build me up”, to start 7th Feb…?
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Can you choose an area to ride and then do your workout? I’ve been to France the last two sessions and I’m trying to finish off the wahoo challenge. Somewhere with elevation would be nice.

DrP

I’m also trying to work out of I can fit week 4 into one and a half days when I get back 🤔

No! 6 or 8 hours between workouts…
    Plus it won’t help you.. you’ll just break yourself!

I’ve just did ham sandwich….
    Oof… the mid intervals at 405 watts were a killer….
    Drained the legs so I had to drop to 90% for rep 2,3,4 of the final bit!

Good one though!

DrP

J-R

Just about to start ham sandwich now.

vanilla83
    Free Member

Finally caught Covid so I’m out for a week or so until I fight this off

Really disappointed

ta11pau1

You won’t be able too, there’s a minimum time between workouts, 8hrs or so.

Thursday is good for me for a group ride.

feed

Can you choose an area to ride and then do your workout? I’ve been to France the last two sessions and I’m trying to finish off the wahoo challenge. Somewhere with elevation would be nice.

Yes

ta11pau1

Yep I’ve been ticking off the routes on watopia on each session, just the big ones and a couple of tiny small ones to go!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m loathe to miss any,and week 4 is only 3 workouts with one being pedalling drills. I’ll see when I get back, snowboarding for a week isn’t exactly laying off the legs.

Vortexracing

week 4 is only 3 workouts

but one of them is the Purple Unicorn 😈

twonks

Oh fiddlesticks 😂

What have I done. Somehow managed to go from my nice reliable (hardware wise anyway) KickR trainer to a new Neo 2 trainer (sending back) to a new Tacx Neo Bike.

Should be here in a few days and set up shortly after.

Idiot – now with no spare cash for the inevitability of a ‘real bike’ major expensive fail now I’ve spent my bike fund.

DrP

why have you sent the neo2 back!!!!

DrP

twonks

@DrP I was going to swap it for the ‘T’ version, as I wrongly thought that was what I was getting originally.

However the full Tacx bike also solves a couple of other issues and importantly frees up some room space so I took a plunge. It also has the internals of the T spec Neo so all good hopefully.

reluctantjumper

Ham Sandwich done this afternoon. Strangely enjoyable though, which is worrying me slightly 🤣

zilog6128

new Tacx Neo Bike

nice, seriously tempted by one of these (even though can’t really afford it 😂). Where are you getting it from? Wiggle/CRC seems the cheapest (UK) price I’ve seen! Defo report back when it arrives!!

twonks

Coming from Wiggle. Crc have it slightly cheaper oddly enough, but happy to keep my spends with Wiggle.

iamtheresurrection

Ham Sandwich done this afternoon. Strangely enjoyable though, which is worrying me slightly

I wish. I’ve just finished it tonight. After about 25 years of riding on a turbo I can barely recall a single second I actually enjoyed.

ta11pau1

Ham sandwich also done! The middle ham was quite enjoyable (ish) but yet again the fatigue really set in on the last UO… Phew!

DrP

Invite for Thursday eve (1830) gone out…
    AMALGAM… bit of a mishmash workout thus one, but good at pushing you to hold your FTP for 2 ten minute slots…

If you haven’t got an invite, shout out!

Now.. I’ll be there, but as I’ve the Brighton Half a few days later, I’m actually gonna do 90 min zone 2 with you lot! I know I know…cheater! But…

I’ll be there for the unicorn next week!

Speaking of which…
    Are you all mostly tied to evenings for the group workouts…?
    Wondering if there’s appetite for a Thursday daytime group at all?

Or… we could do the unicorn Saturday am?

DrP

crossed

Back to it now we’ve finally got electrickery again here.

Completed Novena this morning. Not too bad, a little dull but managed to keep my interest for an hour. I’ve only managed two of last weeks four workouts then this is my first for this week. Gouging to have to do one a day until Friday then attempt one around work on Sunday to complete this weeks sessions.

I’ve signed up for tomorrow’s group ride and hopefully I’ll finally make it to one!

@DrP
    I’d be keen to do a Thursday daytime ride but it depends on shifts. Evening rides can be a struggle to fit in around either late shifts or early starts.

zilog6128

@twonks Neo smart bike looks the same price to me @ CRC, unless there’s a code or something? (Or they’ve adjusted their price to match Wiggle now!)
    Arrrgh, why am I tempted 🤣 Someone else tell me they’ve got one & that it’s terrible?! 😃

DrP

I’ve got the neo 2t, and it’s fab…

I dunno if I’d go for an actual bike version 🤷‍♂️

I guess if I had the space I possibly would!

BTW, the neo 2t seems to be reduced in Zwift to £900…

DrP

zilog6128

I dunno if I’d go for an actual bike version

it’s a slightly smaller footprint than a bike + turbo, I think. Mine’s permanently set up in the garage, so every little bit of extra space helps!
    The Mrs likes to use it sometimes, and my bike is too big for her really, plus I have to adjust the saddle height each time! And it would mean I don’t have to sod about with it taking it on/off for IRL rides.
    Think I’m just trying to justify it to myself really 🤣 Already have an original Neo which is fine, so don’t think I’d ever just upgrade to another turbo (unless it broke!)

feed

Off work for the rest of the week, Yellow Unicorn this morning, the end of the last UO was tough, had to pause for 20 secs twice. Trying to keep RPM over 110 when already fatigued is a killer. 1hr 45min workouts are zero fun. Done now though thankfully 🙂

ta11pau1

Yeah gonna have to make sure I’m properly fuelled for that one, plus have some snacks ready for on the workout!

twonks

Thinking about the Tacx bike (or any purpose built erg bike) vs normal bike + trainer, I was always in the normal bike + trainer camp.

The price of full erg bikes is silly tbh as there isn’t £1000+ of ‘extra’ kit in them over the basic trainer.

However on this occasion I have gone for a full erg bike because I fancy a go and like the idea of it being easily adjustable, quieter, easier to use and more ergonomic as a training device.

Clearly I don’t need one, or actually need a new turbo. I’m old, have relative disposable income and really can’t justify another real bike, so this is my toy for the year.

And as said it’s slightly smaller than bike + trainer, especially mine as I have a mtb with wide bars on it. This will mean I can move the room around a bit so I don’t have to step over the rowing machine – another guilty pleasure 😂

kentishman
    Free Member

Noticed that some of you wanted to do the workouts out of order. Found this for someone a while ago . It may help
    Found this link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13G29M69jJ0tCr5zJuJfKt71suPrdbHhN
    From this chat https://forums.zwift.com/t/build-me-up-workouts-independent-of-plan/515639/7

kentishman
    Free Member

Also why do you choose Build me up.

crossed

@kentishman I believe that you can pick and choose workouts from plans with the latest Zwift update.

kentishman
    Free Member

Thanks that’s handy. I may give these a go then.

nickb

Ham Sandwich completed tonight – not too bad, although I now have a sore hip 🙁
    Hopefully fine by the morning!

Weekday group rides are tricky for me, even at 6.30 Tues/Wed/Thurs as I’m not typically back from the office until 7.30-8.00pm… but I suspect I’m the exception so go ahead without me!

If we could do a group ride once in a while on a weekend morning that would be great. Last Sunday’s Unicorn meet-up ride certainly helped me find the motivation to start (and finish!) it.

DrP

Nick… Next week I’ll plan a Sat am group ride…
    As I’d mentioned, I’ve the Brighton Half marathon this Sunday so taking this week easy…
    Happy to put the unicorn for next Sat am… ?

Also…. who’s joining us tonight?

DrP

simon_g

I’m in. Third night in a row but I need fri/sat off.

Saw a notification for zwift companion for a sunday morning ride but not showing up in the app, is that happening?

ta11pau1

I’m in for tonight, I’ll be doing Novanta Friday or Saturday and then Yellow unicorn on Sunday.

crossed

I’m in for tonight…

reluctantjumper

Also…. who’s joining us tonight?

DrP

Hoping to, will see if I have time after getting home from work.

DrP

I’ve not sent an invite for Sunday 🤷‍♂️

I’m gonna do Novanta tonight as I can’t seem to choose a workout OUTSIDE of the build me up plan..
    But dropped the level to 75%! Just wanna join the group and spin the legs!

See you in a sec..

DrP

reluctantjumper

That was brutal, the toughest on yet for me.

Going to sleep well tonight and might have a rest day tomorrow.

ta11pau1

Yeah the shark fins in the middle were damn hard, then another 10 mins @ FTP just to REALLY finish you off 🥵

Couple of pics of the group early on and fresh…

crossed

That was hard going and still got two more sessions to do this week!

twonks

I’m without trainer until Saturday when the new one comes, so will see ya’ll soon.
    Don’t want to set the KickR up again now I’m trying to sell it.

Had a Tacx Flux to fix this evening, so sort of in the spirit 😄

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.