Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 599 total)
  • Anyone fancy joining up with Zwift “build me up”, to start 7th Feb…?
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

Yep, that was tough. The sharks teeth were horrible. Good on you chaps for doing the complete plan…I am happy if I get the group ride and one other in.

DrP

So next week, week 4, is a few less sessions, but it DOES have PURPLE UNICORN! 1 hr 45 of unicorn goodness!

Would Sunday AM work for people..?? Maybe a bit later than usual… say 0930??

DrP

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Is that the 6th? Sadly can’t make it but go for it. Happy to encourage from the sidelines. Can do Saturday otherwise.

crossed

I might be able to do an AM workout next Sunday but it’ll depend on what time I’m starting work.
    Hopefully with next week being a three session week I’ll be able to catch up one of the sessions I’ve missed so far.

hugoagogo
    Free Member

<@iamtheresurrection

I wish. I’ve just finished it tonight. After about 25 years of riding on a turbo I can barely recall a single second I actually enjoyed.>

I did ham sandwich last night and completely crumbled halfway through the first hammy interval, had to hit the emergency -/+ bias on companion just to finish the session. Thought I was going to bonk.

Will try amalgam or unicorn tonight to get back on the horse but not feeling confident…

jodafett

Sunday am’s are good for me.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve decided to cut this weeks unicorn ride. Getting ready for hols tomorrow and have had a couple of twitches of the back, no way I’m antagonising it any more. Bit disappointed I won’t complete all the workouts but que sera.

ta11pau1

Novanta tomorrow and yellow unicorn Sunday for me, then enjoying a relative rest week! 🤣

jodafett

Had a very busy week this week so I had to double dunt today! Ham sandwich for breakfast and Amalgam for dinner. Wish I’d done them the other way round 🥵 (or been more organised!).

DrP

Hmm.. interesting to see what you find the toughest!
    Good luck though!

DrP

crossed

I’ve got time to do one session today so it’s either Unicorn or Ham Sandwich.
    They both sound grim but can’t decide so I might have to toss a coin…

On a brighter note and for some extra encouragement the local CX league have organised a four race XC series for this summer with one round being about a mile away from home so I need to get fit for that!

reluctantjumper

Did a ride IRL this morning, a local loop I’ve been doing since the first lockdown. The climb felt tough but I had plenty in the legs at the top and still had a decent amount left for the road spin back to the start too (it’s partly an annoying gentle uphill that looks flat). Haven’t felt so good at the end for a long time so all this training is definitely doing some good!

jodafett

Did a ride IRL this morning,

I did one of those this morning! I soon realised I’ve been on Zwift to long as there was no pint of water sitting on a stool next to me! ‘Twas a thirsty ride!

DrP

Haven’t felt so good at the end for a long time so all this training is definitely doing some good!

Effin ace!

Top stuff there… see… you’re cashing in the hurt!

DrP

twonks

Well what an arse.

New Tacx trainer bike turned up, all 64KG of it.

Carted it up 2 floors in pieces, built it, tried to turn the pedals and one almighty metallic crunch later it seized solid (will still freewheel backwards)

Then noticed a bolt missing from the left side.

Great. Have to wait up to 2 days for Wiggles warranty team to contact me now. 🙁

jodafett

Then noticed a bolt missing from the left side.

Oof!

twonks

Too late to edit the above. Found the missing spacer and bolt in the packaging. Fastened it up and spun the flywheel round by hand. Made all sorts of rattling and clunking sounds then fell silent and now works.

There is still a slight metallic noise every crank turn so I guess something may have come adrift or snapped internally. Not going to use it until I have spoken to the warranty guys at Wiggle.

Still a pain just a bit less so now.

ta11pau1

Novanta done, was quite pleasant compared to some we’ve done!!

reluctantjumper

That’s Novanta done, going to leave yellow unicorn until next week. I don’t get on with pedalling drills so will do it then instead seeing as next week is an easy one. Might regret that choice but there’s no way I’m doing it tonight!

ta11pau1

going to leave yellow unicorn until next week

You won’t be able to, it’ll expire after midnight tonight. And I don’t think you can do it separately outside the plan while still in these plan.

I’ll be doing yellow unicorn later today after I’ve been fuelled by a big Sunday roast 😁

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Sunday morning Ham Sandwich more digestible than imagined. Took a while for the legs to wake up but got there in the end.

Enjoy the roast unicorn

DrP

Well.. no bikes today… but got the Brighton Half marathon out the way!
    Lovely dry and sunny weather!
    Ran round with with OH who’s just getting over covid, so pleased with a 2.01.06 time!

Back on the “Build me up” next week!

DrP

reluctantjumper

Anything around the 2hr mark is good, hopefully the cross-training hasn’t knackered your legs for the rest of the plan.

You won’t be able to, it’ll expire after midnight tonight. And I don’t think you can do it separately outside the plan while still in these plan.

Oh well, think I’ll survive having not done it.

J-R

What are the group ride plans for this week?

DrP

I’m gonna do pedal drills tomorrow eve some time ….

Then looking like:
    Sneaky – Wed afternoon or Thursday am…
    Purple unicorn – group workout EITHER Friday pm (after work.. leaving the weekend free…) or Sunday am.. 10am….

What do people fancy?!

DrP

reluctantjumper

Either works for me.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I’d be up for Friday but if consensus is Sunday I’ll cheer you all on

jodafett

Missed today as I went out into the real world! Friday probably suits me best this week as I’ll be out again this weekend.

nickb

Friday probably best for me too – I have a ‘real’ ride planned for Sunday!

ta11pau1

Yellow unicorn completed – wasn’t my best showing. I think my legs weren’t quite recovered from Saturdays Novanta workout, the legs were feeling tired on the first UO. Had to drop it down to 90% and skip the 10 min UO on the final 20 min segment.

All I want to do now is lay on the sofa with my legs up, eat everything in sight, and not move… 🤣

Then looking like:
    Sneaky – Wed afternoon or Thursday am…
    Purple unicorn – group workout EITHER Friday pm (after work.. leaving the weekend free…) or Sunday am.. 10am….

What do people fancy?!

Friday PM (6:30 earliest) for Purple unicorn works for me, otherwise they sort of take over the weekend.

DrP

OK… I’ll pop an invite for unicorn on Friday…leaves the weekend free!

DrP

simon_g

Up at 6.30 this morning for yellow unicorn. Bit of a slog but got it done.

Friday pm is good, and I can definitely do with the group motivation on those longer ones.

Looking forward to the lighter week!

crossed

Friday PM is good for me for the Unicorn ride.

DrP

Pedal drills done… was a nice way to spin out the legs after yesterday actually!

DrP

iamtheresurrection

Sneaky tonight. It was pretty easy really, albeit a bit boring.

Not sure if it’s because I spent the weekend outside in the woods on my bike, but found the slow cadence stuff much, much easier to get into than it has been for the past few weeks…

DrP

I found sneaky fine too… despite tired running legs!

Annoyingly my Apple TV 4k kept dropping Bluetooth…it dropped about 6 times!
    Never had that before!

Hope it behaves for Friday eve!

DrP

crossed

Sneaky tonight. It was pretty easy really, albeit a bit boring.

I’m glad it’s not just me who thought that. I did it this morning and to be honest it felt like I’d not done anything when I got off the bike.

DrP

Ha!
    Well..this IS an easy week…
    Just wait till Friday!

DrP

reluctantjumper

Another one here who just found Sneaky to be boring and worryingly easy. Not just the workout but holding the power for X minutes felt a lot easier than it did even last week. Guessing it’s partly down to being rested though.

DrP

I think the rest is important… but also the legs will be getting stronger!

Own it!

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.