Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone ever warranty a tyre? (Conti content)
  • Superficial
    Free Member

So second ride out on my new tyres (Conti MKII 2.2 Protection Black Chili) and I have managed to rip a knobble off. I’m not sure how exactly, just going down a local descent I’ve ridden loads of times before, smooth rocks only – no sharp edges etc.

Anyhow, this produced a slit in the tyre about 1cm long. You can’t see it very well in the photos but I can almost get my little finger through it. It’s right underneath the knobble that’s ripped off. Needless to say, the (tubeless) tyre went flat instantly. Given that they’re so new, is there any chance of a warranty job on this? As you can see, it still has all the hairs on!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oc4nNL]Conti tyres[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/obUF4n]Conti tyres[/url]

akak
    Free Member

Yes I’ve warrantied a deformed carcass no problem. I can’t see your pics very well but you can probably repair it otherwise.

Northwind

I warrantied a defective schwalbe (undersized beads) but that was pretty straightforward. Here I reckon they could say it’s just riding damage but it’s definitely worth the attempt.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Good luck, take it back to where you got it from but im pretty sure they will say “you’ve been having too much fun”. Deformed tyres are different to a rip caused by rock (or whatever it was).

andyl
    Free Member

Can you honestly say there wasnt a single sharp edge or initiating damage wasnt caused earlier in the ride? Nope.

Repair and carry on.

Onzadog
    Free Member

As above. They were very good with a known carcass issue. However, I think your problem could be an unlucky first ride.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’ve sent 2 conti’s back for warrenty for deformed carcasses without problems, I’m not sure how you will get on with a cut in the tyre mind.

antares
    Free Member

This conti x king went back. Never even got it on the bike.

X king by Jeevester, on Flickr

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yes. Conti were excellent, MK2’s seem to do this sometimes so Ive gone over to trail kings.

doof_doof
    Free Member

Had four Schwalbe Ultremo’s develop bulges in their casing. Schwalbe weren’t interested. No longer use Schwalbe road tyres and don’t have any issues.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever warranty a tyre? (Conti content)’ is closed to new replies.