• This topic has 52 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by FOG.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Anyone ever thgought they were gonna die???????
  • RepacK
    Free Member

Funnily enough I dont really feel the need to recount my life/death situations – they just remind me of how **** scared I was at the time & how lucky I was.

beanum

I did a skydive on Saturday and the thought crossed my mind briefly as I exited the plane… I almost feel embarassed mentioning it after reading some people’s exploits on here.. :-O

hora
    Free Member

In the middle of the Tet’ NVA burst into the bar where a group of us were drinking. That hand grenade was close.

mugsys_m8

SOuthern Ocean. Off South Georgia Island. Force 12. Homemade Yacht/ Skip. No liferaft to speak of. Sails in tatters. Icebergs all around.
    HUGE EYES all round staring at each other..saying a thousand words without any mouths being opened.

NZCol

SOuthern Ocean. Off South Georgia Island. Force 12. Homemade Yacht/ Skip. No liferaft to speak of. Sails in tatters. Icebergs all around.
    HUGE EYES all round staring at each other..saying a thousand words without any mouths being opened.

Mostly because you had only nipped out for a pint of milk and got lost ?

mugsys_m8

N’ah we went to pppick pick up a penguin and we went to get a real one rather than a chocolate biscuit. Is that abstract enough?

carlphillips
    Free Member

couple of times climbing and once surfing,

i dont climb anymore.

Trekster

1972…rolled an Austin 1100 3/4/5 times. Only panel undamaged was the boot lid. That was in the day before seat belts!!! No injuries what-so-ever.

1980..salmonella. Unconscious for 2wks and lost 3st. Put it all back on with interest tho. Really lucky, lots of people around the country died of salmonella that summer. Look after your cold meat during warm weather.

dmiller
    Free Member

Getting twatted from behind while waiting to turn at a junction lying on the road in the rain looking up at the streetlights hearing the brakes of cars scream around you as they notice the cyclist sliding down the road…

was a bit scary.

I cant recommend http://www.roadid.com enough. It was very nice to have my wife at the hospital.

hora
    Free Member

Jeesus, I dont even want to go into the amount of close calls I’ve had. Scares me that they might amount to more than NINE lives!!

nicemonkey
    Free Member

I was sitting in the passenger seat rolling along the motorway heading to the airport for a relaxing holiday when the engine of a motorbike exploded ahead of us and a large piece of metal (in slow motion) bounced on the road then smashed through the windscreen and then bounced over the car. The hole it left in the screen was directly inline with my head. Luckily I had plenty of spare undercrackers in my suitcase!

finbar
    Free Member

When i lived in Japan i’d cycled in to stay with a friend in the city at the end of December – about 45km from my house through the mountains. I stayed the night and woke up to deep snow, but thought i’d cycle home anyway. Took me four and a half hours, it was minus 15, and when i got back i had to piss on my hands to defrost them because i couldn’t hold the key to unlock my door.

I wasn’t going to die, but it was quite scary.

FOG

Flying through the air being pursued by a cartwheeling 1150GS which I had been riding seconds before at 75mph. I was lucky – it missed me and I just had the three weeks in intensive care with 13 broken ribs two punctured lungs a suspected ruptured heart and numerous examples of what the medical staff called minor breaks. Incidentally while I was spark out every medic who passed asked my wife the same question, ‘does he smoke?’ and when told I didn’t said ‘Oh he’ll recover then’. And they were right so gaspers are actually more dangerous than high speed motorbike crashes.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Anyone ever thgought they were gonna die???????’ is closed to new replies.