Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Anyone else's other half do this…??
  • DrP

Constantly send you ‘prime location’ and ‘right move’ links of lovely, but ludicrously expensive houses in you area??!!

“Yes dear, it IS a lovely house – I would expect that for several hundreds of thousands of pounds..”

There’s subliminal, and then this type of ‘supraliminal’ marketing!!

Bless!

DrP

piemonster

Just emailed the GF a property on Rightmove

piemonster

Affordable one mind you!

wwaswas

piemonster = MrsDrP?

bencooper
    Free Member

No, but I send her pictures of sheds, treehouses, campervans, derelict fixer-upper opportunities, stuff like that all the time.

No luck so far.

ThePinkster

Sounds like she needs a hobby.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Me and the lady always do this to each other, we throw in a few we can afford as well.

DrP

Pie darling – I love it, but it’s a bit pricey still. We could paint the snug a nice purple colour, and put a few scatter cushions in it.

DrP

DrP

Sorry – that should have been a reply to email, not a post here….

DrP 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yes, I delete them

thepurist

Ah but DrP she knows you is a doctor innit, so therefore must know you clearly get paid billions of pounds a year and can actually afford these des res’s if only you stopped spending it all on push bikes.

thomthumb
    Free Member

send this back 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

But your a doctor so you can afford anything 😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be, for the foreseeable future, extraliminal marketing?

GrahamS

But your a doctor so you can afford anything

Presumably she is looking for a summer house?

Bunnyhop

Ooooh someone mentioned scatter cushions.

I am the other half and am guilty as charged. Also watching ‘escape to the country’ doesn’t help matters.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i asked if i could spend £1200 on 2 new frames, 1 for me, 1 for her.

she said only after we’ve bought her a new commuter.

i agreed, and suggested a nippy little Pinnacle Lithium; £400.

she didn’t like it, and asked for an S-works Ruby Di2; a snip at £8500.

my new bike will have to wait a while…

oh, and the house thing? – we both do that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

anyway just imagine you OH bought a carbon framed bike in a nice spec as a “significant” birthday treat then 8 months later you get the same frame with a higher spec & lighter for less…….

SaxonRider

bencooper – Member

No, but I send her pictures of sheds, treehouses, campervans, derelict fixer-upper opportunities, stuff like that all the time.

No luck so far.

Ditto this. And pictures of road bikes.

plyphon
    Free Member

reply with pictures of brutal sex toys and bondage gear.

mention something about give and take.

wwaswas

I only ever show my wife pictures of *really* expensive bikes or components ‘I’d never spend that on a bike’. Then, when challenged over the price of a component, I can claim it is a bargain as it cost ‘a significant amount less than the one I showed you last week’ 😉

Is DrP’s mrs doing the same?

Lots of horrendously expensive houses followed by one that’s just an eye watering price in the hope that the last one gets accepted?

london_lady
    Free Member

I always send pictures of hideously priced modernist houses that I could become accustomed to living in from the Wowhaus website to the other half…….balanced of course with pictures of an affordable 1965 Mustang fastback that I hanker after.

annebr
    Free Member

I send links to my OH of lovely french chateaus

zilog6128

There’s subliminal, and then this type of ‘supraliminal’ marketing!!

lol, reminds me of one of my favourite lines from The Simpsons (back when it was good!)

“It’s a three-pronged attack. Subliminal, liminal, and superliminal.”
    Never did work out what the middle one was though!

piemonster

http://www.hspc.co.uk/details.asp?id=41290

Commute is a bit long tho!

TooTall
    Free Member

No, but this was nearly my first impulse purchase since moving:

Weekend place with potential

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Frequently, and it always come down to the fact we simply can’t be arrshed to tidy our house enough to sell it.

that said, there’s a nice one just popped up for sale around the corner…

Rscott
    Free Member

i asked if i could spend £1200 on 2 new frames, 1 for me, 1 for her.

she said only after we’ve bought her a new commuter.

I read this as computer, and was going to say, go to aldi buy a cycle computer for £4.99 Then get on the bikes.

My missis does his then i remind her our deposit would allow us to buy a garden shed at the min not a house.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

We have just bought a house, and are due to complete on Friday..

Now she decides to send me other houses she likes… 😐

johndoh
    Free Member

Yes.

We moved in yesterday.

stevestunts
    Free Member

Mine does. I’ll get called over to the laptop, “Ooh, come and look at this house”, and she’ll have her thumb over the asking price.

She’ll then show me all the pictures, with running commentary, during which I will quickly ascertain that it’s wildly out of our price range. She will especially draw my attention to any sheds / garages / outbuildings which may belong to the property, and usually make reference to the potential for storing an increased number of bikes over those that I currently own. I will make vaguely enthusiastic noises at this point.

I’ll enquire about the asking price, and will then be berated for my apparent negative outlook on the housing market, whilst I protest that I am simply inhabiting reality.

All of the above will happen virtually every day.

Despite being an otherwise intelligent person, there are times when she seems genuinely convinced that, were we to meet a vendor and explain just how much we liked their house, they would be willing to overlook a massive shortfall in our budget and sell us the house anyway.

footflaps

Despite being an otherwise intelligent person, there are times when she seems genuinely convinced that, were we to meet a vendor and explain just how much we liked their house, they would be willing to overlook a massive shortfall in our budget and sell us the house anyway.

You should admire her optimism!

bikebouy
    Free Member

OP no, no she doesn’t. I don’t let her have access to the internetz nor mobile phones.
    She’s only seen daylight twice in three years.

You need to follow my lead here 😆

mightymule
    Free Member

OP, no.

I get links to Gibson and Korg websites whenever they have a new product out though………..

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Mrs Soks does it too. Have you seen the prices in Keswick!?? 😯

leffeboy

It’s even worse once you’ve just bought said place and they keep looking in the web 😯
    I don’t understand

chives
    Free Member

My better 7/8ths wont send me anything – until I’ve just finished (after a lengthy period) the house we’re in currently, then we’ll move within six weeks… 😯 (and she wonders why I’m dragging my feet with the DIY this time!) 🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My OH/SO wants to upgrade from a three to a four bed house for when we have guests, I would move in a heartbeat, but she insists we stay in leafy Harpenden, so should it be a nice detached house or a a nice little mid terrace ?
    We should turn this in to the most ludicrously expensive house outside of London thread 😉

bruneep
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

bruneep, nice taste in decor 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else's other half do this…??’ is closed to new replies.