Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Anyone else watching the cycle show on ITV4?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Car crash or better. Bets please

KonaTC

Loved the opening with the young lad and his chalk

Help 4 Heros, TdF in Yorkshire looking better already

atlaz
    Free Member

Longest climb in England… not too tough though is it?

And if that presenter can talk while riding up a 13% slope, he’s a better cyclist than I am

atlaz
    Free Member

Better than last week so far… fingers crossed

PrinceJohn

Well its not hard to be better than last week’s episode…

retro83
    Free Member

Quite good so far, liking the custom bikes – is that the same company as the chap on here posted about recently?

atlaz
    Free Member

Not totally convinced yet. Better. But still quite crap however still not awful enough to turn off while I’m stripping a road bike down.

paulmart

Was that the lycra show ive just seen?

rOcKeTdOg

help for heros bit was moving, next time i suffer on a climb i’m actually going to give thanks that i can actually feel the pain in my legs, top guy to be so positive about his disabilities

brant
    Free Member

Nobody spot me?

project
    Free Member

Much better programe,the double amputee ex soldier was a real eye opener and such a great bloke, big cyber hug for him.

Great to see white van man overtaking both the camera car and 2 cyclists on a hill going round a bend on double white lines.

It can only get better.

atlaz
    Free Member

rocketdog – that was the highlight.

thepurist

Sorry Brant, but I did wonder if the kid at the start was Chipps junior. 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

brant – Member
    Nobody spot me?

Should we have done?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Much better programe,the double amputee ex soldier was a real eye opener and such a great bloke, big cyber hug for him.

Great to see white van man overtaking both the camera car and 2 cyclists on a hill going round a bend on double white lines.

It can only get better.

+1

I thought it held together much more, it was roady based, but they did say it was a Tour themed program, fair do IMO. I thought the Lieth Hill segment was a step up too, less awkward and more fluid in its narrative/structure. Showed the Cragg Vale segment up a bit though, which felt like waste of a hill to me.

loddrik
    Free Member

Just an hour long road bike borefest. More road bikes, another road based article and hey, aren’t road bikes and road cyclists great.

Yawn.

Road bikes are shite.

njee20
    Free Member

And if that presenter can talk while riding up a 13% slope, he’s a better cyclist than I am

That’s not that steep, not implausible surely.

Yawn.

Road bikes are shite.

Don’t sit on the fence!

Not watched it yet, but as the other thread concluded more ‘mainstream’ coverage of all things cycling can only be good.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Brant was the one in the yellow (hot pants style) cut off jeans

patriotpro
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Just an hour long road bike borefest. More road bikes, another road based article and hey, aren’t road bikes and road cyclists great.

Yawn.

Pretty much this. I’m sure last week the presenter said something along the lines of “this isn’t just some roadie-show”.

Ohhh but i’m afraid it is. Dire.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Or were you the one who nearly took out the small kid on the opening section ……tut tut going too fast down that hill

crikey
    Free Member

Some proper sulky little mountain bikers!

Think how difficult it would be to make a programme about cycling that satisfied everyone on here.

If it was filmed in Scotland, the English would complain.
    If it was filmed in the North of England, the Scots and the Southerners would complain.
    If it had mountain bikes in, the tubeless riders would complain, or the tubed riders would. The single speeders would moan about too many gears, the geared riders would argue about 2×10, 1×10, thick-thin chainrings, while the Rohloff and Alfine boys grumbled. The 29ers, 650bers, and 26ers would throw so many toys out of their respective prams that tyre choice would become another subject for grumbliness. Rigid riders would weep if there was too much suspension, all-mountain types would laugh at XCers, Downhillers would shake the nearest tree and unicyclists would run away to the circus. The ad breaks would be filled with handlebar width moans, until someone pointed out that there was an actual ad break and that we shouldn’t be subjected to such blatant marketeering. Flat pedal users would be sent into the kitchen to make coffee using an industrial machine made in an Italian shed, but only after the old people had taken care to put the Japanese knives, made by a wizened ninja in a forge on top of Mt Fujiyama, in the drawer.

Binners would eat a Greggs pasty while hora tried to chase the cat wearing only a feather boa and knee armour.

It’s meant to be entertaining and accessible, relax….

NormalMan

Could it be that mtb’s will get more airtime another week?

Now there is an idea!

No pleasing some though, hey!

loddrik
    Free Member

Some proper sulky little mountain bikers!

This is a mountain bike based forum, and I ride mountain bikes, other than the TdF, I have no interest in road bikes or the people who ride them whatsoever. I suspect there are lots like me.

I watched it as it was called the cycle show, not the road bike show. This programme was utterly tedious for people like me…

Strange too as I’ll bet more people in the uk ride non road bikes, as opposed to silly drop bar bikes by people in Lycra, yet the media seems to consider that this is all people are interested in.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else watching the cycle show on ITV4?’ is closed to new replies.