Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • anyone else not bothering with a tree this year?
  • jools182
    Free Member

Not sure I can be arsed

john_drummer
    Free Member

never do

maxray
    Free Member

Lol!

CountZero

Haven’t bothered for years. Or decorations either. A string of LED lights around the windows is as far as I go.
    Bah!
    And, quite possibly,
    Humbug!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I pray I am never so without hope for my own happiness that I can’t be bothered.

jools182
    Free Member

I’ve always made the effort before, just not got it in me this year at all

Don’t know why, I’m not feeling all bah humbug, just feeling indifferent

Northwind

Just about to begin the annual pressure campaign for a real one… A proper massive one as well that’ll barely fit in the house. They’re selling them at Glentress, the temptation to just get one bought and deal with the consequences is strong this year…

lizzz
    Free Member

Decorating the tree is my job every year and I love it, but mostly because I just love sparkly/shiny things!

sugdenr
    Free Member

Too late!

donsimon
    Free Member

Got a field full of the bloody things, can’t escape them…

ianpinder
    Free Member

Decorate them all?

john_drummer
    Free Member

I pray I am never so without hope for my own happiness that I can’t be bothered.

not at all. my happiness doesn’t depend on putting up silly decorations for the neighbours to see.

alpin
    Free Member

not botrhering this year. haven’t bothered since leaving home 6 years ago.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Not bothering with a real one but am going to dig the fakey out of the loft.

Raindog
    Free Member

I might liberate a (very) small one from the local woods later. There’s no way I’m paying £40 for a big one, we have no kids and we’re not going to be at home much.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

john_drummer – Member
    not at all. my happiness doesn’t depend on putting up silly decorations for the neighbours to see.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Fair enough – I wasn’t suggesting it did – it was a comment directed entirely at my own feelings about Christmas 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh and our neighbours can’t see our tree – unless you count the sheep 😉

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Normally get a real one, but saved the £40-50 odd that it normally costs and dug the old fake one out of the loft, doesn’t look to bad tbh…

beinbhan

No tree this year we have two kittens, I would give any tree 5 minutes before it was trashed 😛

Ringo
    Free Member

I sell em, its what I’m doing right now and have done for years but I still have a fake one

soobalias
    Free Member

real one bought yesterday £20
    today im another £20 down for a stand
    now i hear half a dozen bulbs are gone……..

money sink! happier when i was alone and didnt bother

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Hate the things but wife loves them. I’ve literally just come in from wrestling with it on the patio try to get it stood up straight in its base. Will no doubt have to get it in later for it then to start dropping needles all over the carpet for the next three weeks.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘anyone else not bothering with a tree this year?’ is closed to new replies.