Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • anyone else looking forward to the weekends ride?
  • neil853
    Free Member

Me and a few of the lads are heading over to do the borrowdale bash for the first time, weather looks typically lakes like with rain but i don’t care. I’m going to the lakes with some of my best mates, to ride some of the best riding the uk has to offer and on a bike I’m really enjoying riding right now. Sunday cant come soon enough.

what’s everyone else doing?

buck53

Oh yes. I moved house a few weeks ago and am currently exploring the trails out of the door on a freshly fettled bike.

Went through a lot of pain to get to this point but being able to roll wheels out of the garage and be on bridleways within two minutes makes it all worthwhile.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Will be staying local this weekend, only able to do Sunday, but I’m really looking forward to a long ride. I’ve had the last 8 weeks off the bike and the rest has done me the world of good, I have a new found excitement for riding again, and miraculously my fitness hasn’t dropped off as much as I thought it would.

Also bought a new bike back in October, and due to the awful weather haven’t ridden it much over the winter (rode the HT) and I’ve realised just how good it is on dry trails.

edward2000
    Free Member

OMG im so excited, because im doing the Scottish Enduro Series at inners this weekend.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

No, I always dread my weekend ride 😆

As it happens I’m off to Bike Park Wales after work and very much looking forward to it.

Mackem

I wish. My LBS have taken 6 days so far to change the rim on my back wheel.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Touring bikes to Ripon or Harrogate, some beers then ride back.

Looking forward to it 🙂

philfive
    Free Member

early morning bash around Grizedale on the new bike, first lakes ride for it 😀

chrishc777
    Free Member

Built up my new Covert this week, can’t wait! Local xc route then out to the local woods for some flat out fun!

Legoman
    Free Member

Really looking forward to an all day pootle around the Chilterns tomorrow.
    Hardly managed to get any riding time in this year and I’ll be out with an old school mate I probably only see once a year.

Can’t wait!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Ronde Van Calderdale, 77 miles and approx 3300m of climbing, most of it on 20+% gradient cobbled roads.
    Did it last year and it was my ride of the year.
    This year its forecast to rain. Skinny tyres, rim brakes, wet steep cobbles, what could possibly go wrong 😯

ibnchris

Doing my first roadie thing this weekend – a 100 mile sportive. Think I’m looking forward to it but not sure what to expect!

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve spent today getting the car ready, four of us in an Astra estate on a wet day in the lakes means the roof box will come out for wet kit and camelbaks 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve spent today getting the car ready, four of us in an Astra estate on a wet day in the lakes means the roof box will come out for wet kit and camelbaks 🙂

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Going skiing in the Alps tomorrow, but the MTB is coming too…. Can’t wait!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I am looking forward to riding at the weekend but not sure where…

Anyone going Hope or Edale area on Sat?

honourablegeorge

Not been out in weeks, spent a week abroad with work, missed midweek ride last night with more work. Really want to get out.

faustus

If only my superstar freehub hadn’t cracked, and is now creaking horribly 🙁 confined to ‘the road’.

lehutch
    Free Member

Stanmer Park near Brighton….got some PBs to try and beat

tops5
    Free Member

Ladybower for us!

binners

Hebdon for us in the morning!

Wild rumours were circulating that The Enigma himself would be joining us to complain of another set of malfunctioning forks down the Blue Pig, but alas, he loves me no more, and I must try and put this devastating realisation to the back of my mind

pondo

We’re riding to the sea! 110 miles or so from Birmingham over the Welsh mountains to Aberystwyth, quick paddle, fish and chips for tea, then a snooze on the train back. Happy days. 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Looking forward and dreading it in equal measures. Doing a training run for the Fred Whitton tomorrow around the Bowland fells, Lancashire. Same distance and climbing (112miles, 13000ft) but without the inclines of Hardknott. Weather doesn’t look good so it’ll be great training for a months time.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I’ve got a DIY/Gardening free weekend and am meeting an old friend at Swinley Forest tomorrow 🙂

Hohum
    Free Member

After a foggy and wet week it looks like the weekend is going to be wet at times as well, sigh!

Hopefully it will be dry at some point.

Northwind

Round 2 of the scottish enduro series… Should be grand, not entirely sure I’ll be able to do any practice tomorrow though so that’s not ideal! But hey it’s not like I have an overall position to defend 😉

pnik

Cant wait, been riding road since jan. Might see you out there lehutch going for a thrash round stanmer and falmer myself.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Turbo sessions fitted in around kids naps here. Excited is not the word 🙂

Scapegoat

Setting off early tomorrow to watch my lad play in the ACF national rugby tournament in Brecon, so bike’ s in the car for a ride at brechfa before I come home on Sunday.

Not sure what the weekend will bring, but had a very pleasant pootle out today. Some dry, some very muddy

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘anyone else looking forward to the weekends ride?’ is closed to new replies.