Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Anyone else in the 'sick or injured' club?
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

I’ve gone down with (wo)man* flu – currently looking like a mini-mitchelin man wearing 3 layers of smartwool / fleece, heating on, and still got the shivers 🙁 Therefore feeling rather sorry for myself. And yes, I know there are lots of people suffering more than me, but that doesn’t really help right now! Going to missing biking on Sunday, and it looks like the first snows are coming and I had my crampons and iceaxe at the ready …

Anyone else in the ‘sick or injured’ corner? Got any biking related internet suggestions I can distract myself with?

*(wo)man flu – like man flu, only you’re properly poorly 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Touch of Man Flu here (will be much worse than yours!)
    Ankle still hurts after breaking it over a year ago (bike related)
    Tennis Elbow hurting like a pig at the mo
    Knees no gone back to their pre op dodgy aching / cracking / popping state/

Other than that, just peachy.

wwaswas

re-posted from ‘elsewhere’;

I’m recovering from man-cold – like man-flu but with less swooning.

not ridden for a week and still too full of snot to contemplate it

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Have a never ending chest infection at present. It’s pretty annoying.

crazy-legs

Carrying a niggling ITB injury. Happened when I upped my running from about 20 mins to doing a full on 12km fell race not long before the Three Peaks CX. I did really well in the fell race but ever since I’ve had an ITB pain which stops me running. Fortunately it doesn’t affect my cycling.

wwaswas

crazy-legs – my wife found that a foam roller and lots of self-inflicted pain helped her running related ITB problem.

chugg08

Fell off some slippery N Shore / timber trail stuff last week and managed to get my hand caught between the wooden slaps as I fell (pretty dumb I know). Dislocated 2 fingers and told to lay off riding for 6 weeks.

Was dry, frosty and clear last night and had to head out with the lights…was one of the best rides of the year 😀

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Have a lingering chest infection, shortness of breath and coughing, plus my recently-dislocated shoulder gives me pain everytime i cough 🙁

thv3
    Free Member

Broken nose, ribs and suspected fractured skull from a bike accident about 4 weeks ago.

Starting to feel more normal now, been eyeing up the bike(s) lately.

Sue_W
    Free Member

chugg08 – ouch! Am wincing at the thought of trapping then dislocating fingers.

And double ‘sympathy points’ for those of you who have coughs / colds / man flu AND injuries!

Anyone else got a very sore nose from too much blowing? Was tempted to start a ‘what tissue for …’ thread, but I feel it might go somewhat astray 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

As in “the other” thread… Gastroenteritis, 7 days of vomiting and stomach cramps. Off on road bike now to celebrate not being sick for breakfast!

ton

i am going back in hospital for another heart procedure.
    still off the bike, have been for 15 month.
    to say i am sick is a under statement.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Long term back problem. Surviving on painkillers, off the bike totally for 5 months, not done more than 30 miles in a week since 2010. Had enough now, think I might just get on the smack and back on the bike 🙁

Cougar

Man-cold here too.

Was worst on Monday night; I spent the night cocooned in a duvet and a thick blanket, frozen solid and shaking like a shitting dog. Been better for a few days but I think I’ve got some sort of inner-ear thing going on today cos my balance is shot. Got out of bed this morning and almost went for a burton.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Ton and RichPenny – sorry to sound like such a winge’er, compared to what you guys are going through. I’ve had longterm illness before that has stopped me being able to do pretty much anything, so know that it must be incredibly tough both mentally and physically for you. Hope that there is a way forward for both of you.

Will attempt a bit of WTFU, but maybe not for couple of days when I have a bit more energy …

rewski
    Free Member

I’m suffering from severe christmas doo hangover – very poorly.

P20

Manflu. Bit of a coincidence that I had the flu jab last week 🙄

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got a cold I just can’t seem to get rid of. Very seldom get colds and when I do I usually get rid of them in a day but this one has stayed with me for two weeks. My head is totally stuffed up and I blew my nose yesterday and it looked like someone had thrown a busket of gunge at me.

Paulio
    Free Member

Sprained and bruised ribs and a sprained wrist here after a run in with a car on my commute a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t been able to ride a bike since but it’s starting to be less painful now. I wouldn’t recommend a rib injury to anyone.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That sounds like Birdflu Sue, it’s a bit like Manflu only not quite as bad!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Waiting for the op to screw and graft my broken scaphoid together, oh and had the shits for the last two days so feeling doubly miserable. I’ve not ridden since early September. Still the GWS present to myself of a new custom back wheel has gone from merely exorbitant to astronomical (I feel I could work for the MOD I’m so over budget!)

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

…a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t been able to ride a bike since but it’s starting to be less painful now. I wouldn’t recommend a rib injury to anyone.

Ouch, I can sympathise with that Paulio.
    Broke two ribs and tore my shoulder nightriding a couple of months ago.
    Was about three weeks before I was back on the bike. All 100% fine now.

ton

Sue, get well soon love.
    nowt wrong with having a day under the duvet when it is cold and miserable outside. 😀

Sue_W
    Free Member

“Birdflu” 😆 (I like it – think I might put that on my sick form for work …)

Ton – thank you!

Ming the Merciless – Am in danger of purchasing a GWS present too (think it’s a symptom of having to much time to spend on t’internet looking at bike things). I don’t really have the justification of being poorly for that long, and it would be a whole new bike! But its part of my ‘more bike touring plan’ so bonus eco-points.

Now, hardest decision of the day for sickies – which soup??? Got a choice between tomato and lentil, or spicy sweet potato?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

“tomato and lentil, or spicy sweet potato?”
    You see Sue, that’s your problem, right there. What you need is oxtail, or ham and pea – meat! None of this wishy washy vegetable nonsense – MEAT! Get well soon chuck, and remember – MEAT (with added lard if necessary). 😀

Sue_W
    Free Member

Oxtail and Lard 😯

Taff
    Free Member

I’m catching something and aprtially getting rid of it before catching something else at least that’s what it seems. Only constant is my salivory glands have been swollen for pretty much 2 months.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Just taken delivery of some new Ice Axe’s, then last night I decided I like my fingers on my right hand broken…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Offal – get it down you 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Crikey, what a depressing thread!

I’m still shaking off the tail end of a cold, but otherwise fine. Enjoyed my sunny 23 miles into work this morning, even if it was f**king cold.

KonaTC

Apart from recovering from a shoulder impact (FoD not broken but seriously rearranged), crick neck and damaged wrists (Cwm Carn) the remnants of a chest infection and living with “industrial house maids knee” (doctors description) I am feeling fine because…

… Its FRIDAY

Taff
    Free Member

“industrial house maids knee”

What are you doing with this? I’ve been told there’s not much you can do other than resting it and the excess liquid just goes up and down depending on irritation.

kilo

Back ligaments damaged, probably done about 3 hours riding in the last 8 weeks and getting pretty sick of it. Missed the first Brass Monkeys race and a trip with mates to Afan. just been fettling bikes at home, so built up two and not and a chance to ride them yet.

keefus
    Free Member

Heart attack 4 weeks ago. Extensive work done and am feeling bloody great. Going back to work on 12th (part time) and am having my first bike ride since the attack on xmas day on my brand new Canyon Nerve X9. Now thats a christmas pressie!

Sandwich

Just about over a bout of Delhi belly, caused by soup slightly out of date. Managed to twist my back during one of the many toilet breaks yesterday. Thankfully the runs have abated now, the vomiting stopped yesterday.
    Too weak to ride tonight. I hope to be fit Sunday.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Not ill or injured, just shattered.

anto164
    Free Member

Still recovering from breaking my spine in july.

Other than that, my lips are chapped… No kissing for me. 🙁

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yey! Perfect timing – the latest copy of Cycle magazine (CTC) has just dropped through my letterbox. Special features on Adventure Cycling, touring ideas for 2012. Perfect reading and future trip planning for poorly cyclists 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for me love spuds to fully unswell after a post vasectomy infection (dawonderful.blogspot.com) so I’m limited to less challenging rides. Also, we’ve got the parents up this weekend so I think that counts as mental anguish. The kids are doing their level best to bring as many bugs home from school/nursery as well as getting up in the night.

knackered

lowey

Caught my daughters cold yesterday. Streaming nose, sore sinuses and its our groups christmas bike ride / beerathon tomorrow.

Not happy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else in the 'sick or injured' club?’ is closed to new replies.