Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Anyone else in the 'sick or injured' club?
  • atparry

Slipped down the stairs and dislocated my shoulder. Complete idiot!

Should be back on bike next week, but have to be careful with particular movements arounf left shoulder.

cinnamon_girl

Poor Sue and everyone else! Healing vibes being sent to one and all. 🙂

I’ve had 2.5 years of thyroid problems and 2 months with a separated shoulder following a dark side crash. Life just gets better and better NOT. 🙁

crankboy
    Free Member

crankygirl pushed crankbrat out 4 months ago since when in terms of playing out on the bike i may as well be injured.

TimP
    Free Member

Been off for a couple of months with getting married, honeymoon, undiagnosed muscle stiffness that stopped me walking, and undiagnosed heart issues (not thought to be related, but my doctor is no House!).
    Bored of eating cake and not working it off so heading out on Sunday with the aim not to pass out. It has rained a lot recently so guessing I need to change the summer tyres???

Ton thoughts are with you – last I read it was good news, sorry to hear you are back “off games”.

hoodie
    Free Member

Just been diagnosed with chickenpox….at 37….. I know its only gonna last a couple of weeks but I’m not a happy bunny…also got 5 week old son….bugger….

samuri
    Free Member

Just getting back from a broken rib.
    That was no problem really but I think I did some muscle damage too. Now that’s **** well hurting.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

My hand has now started working again (even if it feels “asleep”), but pain in my arm has been getting steadily worse since I last saw my consultant and he told me he didn’t need to see me again ’til April.

GP’s given me enough painkillers to last a couple of weeks, and referred me for physio with a 6 week waiting list (anyone else see the problem there?)

Still can’t ride and cooking, uni work (written and labs!), etc. is getting more and more difficult!

Feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment 🙁 (especially seen as today looks like a perfect day for a ride!)

But nothing compared to what some folks on here are going through/have gone through! Healing vibes too all!

yunki
    Free Member

ish…

I twisted my knee last Christmas week and it hasn’t had chance to get back to 100%..

I really thought I had finally come through the worst of it last month though so I pushed an extra few hours riding in.. My knee was strong.. my fitness was a pleasant surprise..
    My newly fettled, lightened, stiffened, balanced and greased bike was an absolute joy to ride.. night riding winter equipment and clothing was tested and found to be excellent.. extra hours were cleared in the weekly diary in preparation for an ace winter..

but following an incident on the following Monday where I had to carry my sleeping toddler home from his playgroup xmas fete.. my knee now feels back to square one.. (well.. square two if I’m completely accurate but I’m past caring to be honest..)

rubbish.. 🙁

coffeeking
    Free Member

I pulled my back about 2 months ago at Glentress and it’s just about back to a point where I can ride again without pulling it again. Now I’m stuck doing dozens of hamstring stretches, hip flexor stretches and pelvic thrusting to try to re-build it all.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Nothing long-term but have been up since six this morning, making multiple status updates on Faecebook.

Not a happy bunny.

Thing it’s the beginnings of one of those winter vomiting/skittery/flu bugs. Certainly wasn’t anything I ate.

As the complete antithesis to this thread – I can’t remember the last time I was ill. Not been lighter, slimmer, healthier or fitter in 20 years. I used to get a cold every other month, they just seem to have stopped.

fasthaggis

5 a side related injury,I really should know better at my age 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

. I used to get a cold every other month, they just seem to have stopped.

Just means you’re old enough to have had and become immune to most strains 😉

Karinofnine

Healing vibes to all.
    I am still recovering from a laminectomy and discectomy. Feeling pretty pissed off, I have had to go back to work for money, so have to take strong painkillers, which make me feel sick, tired and constipated. I can manage my road commute 2 or 3 times a week but no offroad which is bloody killing me. I did manage 16k on a flat bridlepath in the dry, but can’t bend to clean a bike after a muddy ride. The (comparatively very minor) disability is really getting me down. I’m a very independent person, don’t do asking for help, this has proved to be a real trial. Oh, and I got doored a couple of weeks ago so my knee is hurting, and the exercises the physio has given me for my back really f***ing hurt. .

coffeeking
    Free Member

You’ve had a discectomy recently and you’re riding… Dear god!

headfirst
    Free Member

Recovering from op to have broken wrist plated Monday gone, following ridiculous low speed fall off bike into a ditch two weeks ago. Will be in a pot for my daughter’s 18th and my 40th birthday, xmas and new year. Wife not best pleased. People ‘who care about me’ are telling me to give up mountain biking, just because I’ve had 2 accidents in 10 years, what do they know?! (Broke back in 2001)

Sue_W
    Free Member

Gosh, some really bad injuries here and long-term conditions here 🙁 Much respect to all of you for staying strong, and hope that you all mend as soon as possible.

I find it weird that having flu (or probably just a bad cold!) has left me feeling temporarily more down than my longer term health problem – a problematic hip joint causing pain and limited mobility, plus lack of proprioception (ie I wobble and fall over when trying to balance on that leg). I think it’s partly ‘cos the more serious a problem is, the more I focus on adapting / dealing with it and trying to have a positive attitude (actually, it can be kinda funny – as I can’t balance crossing boulder fields, I have to crawl, which my ‘friends’ seem to find amusing 🙂 )

Edit – just noticed that one of the tags says WTFU 😆 Ladies, I think that applies to us, but chaps you can carry on …

Karinofnine

Coffeeking, yes the physio reckons gentle rides are ok. Well, to be honest she said it would be ok to ride to the station and from the station the other end. I don’t think she realised that I get off the train 10 miles from work and ride the rest of the way!

I couldn’t cope with not riding at all.

What is also really getting on my wick is that I can’t vacuum. There! I’ve made a domestic remark on the internet! I never thought I would see the day when I missed vacuuming, but I can’t even get the cleaner out (it’s under my bed and I can’t lift the bed up) and I’m almost ankle-deep in dog hairs.

slowjo
    Free Member

Some mean person filled my chest full of marshmallow the other night :(. The family are lucky…I have lost my voice too but I do spend all night coughing which is driving my long suffering wife mad!

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Think I’ve got a man-flu coming on and my shoulders ache quite badly from the commuter bike I ride every day(top tube’s too short I think).

headpotdog
    Free Member

Fingers crossed that you keep the man flu at bay. Nothing worse…absolutely nothing…

As for me, I’m in my 4th week of recovery from a broken collarbone which looks like it’s going to keep me off the bike for some time to come too. Consultant recommended that I cancel a snowboarding holiday planned for March, which I swear hurt more than the injury itself! Not happy 🙁

buttercup
    Free Member

I’ve been on the mend from some heinous tendonitis/torn ligaments from climbing like a madman with no nutrients… It led to me biking more. can’t complain too much.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Dislocated Elbow a few weeks ago when I high sided my mountain bike on the road. I’ve got about 70% movement back and I almost managed to fully extend it this morning.

Physio reckons I should stay of the MTB until the end of January but I should be fine on the Roadie next week. Enforced Turbo sessions are driving me insane.

anagallis_arvensis

I currently have the shits. That and waiting for my 3rd hip op. Not ridden for over 3 years

symes
    Free Member

Diagnosed with Pericarditis 3 weeks ago, thought I was having a heart attack. Now on the recovery but can only manage a steady walk of about 1 mile so far.
    Thankfull it wasn’t the heart giving out.

mogrim

Bruised ribs with possible micro-fractures, 20-30 days off. Not helped by a stinking cold last week 🙁

Mikkel
    Free Member

went flying off the bike just over a month ago (that nice weekend with 30 degrees)
    Torn my stomach muscle and damaged tendons and ligaments, not been on the bike since, can walk again but still not for very long at a time 🙁

Yet1man

I’m currently 6 weeks post ACL reconstruction surgery and other than two small tries on my commuter bike on a turbo trainer haven’t ridden for 2 months.
    I’m trying to stay upbeat about it (and reading some of the other postings have made me realise how lucky I am really, for it to be my only health woe) and just looking forward to what I will (or should) be able to do once fully recovered/physio’d etc such as football (haven’t been able to play that in over 3 years and sooooo missing that) plus snowboarding, don’t even want to talk about that I’m missing it that much, plus the other twisty turny sports, tennis etc.
    So currently building a GWS pressie to myself of a Carbon Super 4 with Crank Bros wheels, DT Swiss forks etc etc. but trying to build it as slow as my patience allows, as if I finish it and still can’t ride, that’ll frustrate me even more !!!!!!
    Speaking of which.. I’m after a triple front mech, XT or XTR for the build, if anyone’s selling one ? ;0)

Marin
    Free Member

Just got over minor knee operation for cartlidge just after I bought a new bike! Went for as roll yesterday to check it out and all seems fine apart from being well rained on.

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Ribs again for me, 3rd time in 2 years, by far the worst this time hit tree with my back unfortunately just to the side of backpack. Forgot to take phone with me and had to push/ride 5 miles back home, by time I got there I could hardly breath the pain was so bad, had to get ambulance to get me.
    Nothing broken but god its painful, all my right side has seized up and walking nearly impossible. Small potatoes compared to others on here though!

It is making me seriously think about easing right back on the riding I do, my 58 year old body just can’t take all these knocks. Think a different approach is needed, nice easy trails etc.

Taff
    Free Member

Thought todays ride would do me some good. Went off for 30miles in absolute gloop. After 24 miles I started puking and did all the way back home! Think I need to take it easy and get over this crap

Northwind

Nothing major just now but carrying more niggling injuries than I can ever remember having at one… The smashed up ribs and wee fracture in the thumb are grinding me down a bit tbh, usually I can just ignore the pain in my hip (have to really, it’s been there for 6 years and isn’t going away!) but just now it’s painkillers, sleepless nights and moaning like a big baby. But I can still ride, so can’t complain too much.

sor
    Free Member

I’ve developed a bit of a crush on my auntie. That’s quite sick.

But speaking medically, am back at the hospital this Friday to see if the doc’s and I can come to an agreement/arrangement on operation #3.

mcboo
    Free Member

I had the snip 10days ago……..felt a bit strange down there last week but feel ok now.

I HATE using public transport to commute, can’t wait to get back on the bike next week.

carlosg
    Free Member

Went DH’ing yesterday and managed to wash the front end out and slam my shoulder into a great big rock (spotted it as I fell and thought toi myself ‘ I’m gonna hit that’), it hurts to lift my arm anywhere above shoulder height. I just hope it’s only bruising and nothing more serious , if it still smarts as bad in a few days I’ll go to A+E 😕

gordy2
    Free Member

Knocked off bike by a car last thursday.

Hands still swollen and shoulder very painful with little movement.

to cap it all bike in a bit of a mess.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else in the 'sick or injured' club?’ is closed to new replies.