Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone else got a storm brewing?
  • piha
    Free Member

As per the title.

In Guildford we have had a bit of thunder rolling around for the last hour or so and now the clouds are building up nicely.

Anyone else?

scaredypants

BBQ for lunch, not sure the chicken was cooked through; tomorrow may not be pretty 😐

donsimon
    Free Member

It’s been pretty stormy all day on and off, not sure if it’s blown over or if it’s going to erupt again this evening, let’s see. 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just walked the dog thinking I was about to get a soaking. Few rumbles but nothing yet in nottingham

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve eaten the last of the hummus, might get a bit stormy when Madame Crikey finds out..

4ndyB
    Free Member

Plenty of rumbling in North East Lincolnshire

Whether it’s the curry and ale from last night or the weather I’m not sure

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Piha; you’ve probbly caught the storm that passed over London a couple of hours ago. Proper mental forked lightning. Girls with thin summer tops on and no brollies running around shrieking. Me enjoying the whole fantastic spectacle. 🙂

Stangely, the highly charged atmosphere caused me to fart quite a bit. That’s passed too now, fortunately.

cinnamon_girl

We’ve had heavy showers and thunder on and off for the last couple of hours at Swinley!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Not a drop since this morning, should be a nice ride tomorrow.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Pished it down for most of my ride in the Gorms today 😕

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

no rain here for 2 weeks and i saw some thunder clouds on the horizon and then they were gone, all blue skys on the island today and we are set to get a temp of 22 degree’s (the same as london today) we wer only 16 today and that was boiling enough!

Summer is going to be very hot, it wouldn’t surprise me if the temps went over the 35 degree mark :O

I shall be buying some hand held fans and al ot of ice bags!

neninja
    Free Member

Got more and more muggy as the afternoon went on here. Now pouring down with a very thundery feel in the air.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Beautiful evening in scenic sunny South Wales, Afan was fab but the red wine is better.
    Had a sqaully shower yesterday though.

CountZero

There were a lot of cu-nimb clouds all around but nothing close today, most were prolly twenty-thirty miles away. Pity, haven’t had a truly spectacular storm with proper lightning for ages. According to a Meteogroup post on Facebook there was 20mm hail up north, Sheffield I think. That could leave a bruise…

Tom83

Was hammering it down here today, yet 10miles away at work it was mostly sunny, but we could hear the thunder! Didn’t have to water the vegetable patch at least.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lightening here now but still no storm.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Sunny and hot all day, no sign of a storm yet – hope we get one soon cus I love thunderstorms 😛

Keva
    Free Member

CG.. dry as a bone here in Newbs… was up on the ridgeway earlier today, Uffington, not a puddle in sight. 🙂

Kev

TooTall
    Free Member

Storms? STORMS?

It has just taken me 36 hrs longer to get back from the USA because of storms! Tornado watch in Missouri then storm cells shutting down Chicago O’Hare. Damn extreme weather!

project
    Free Member

Up int he clwydians today, weird mist blowing in very fast, limited visibilty, but still warm, bit like a horror movie the way it came in, and hardly any walkerists.
    Really black clouds coming home as yet no rain.

donsimon
    Free Member

Looks like things have calmed down a bit now. We had a cracker on Wednesday night, thunder, lightening, rain, wind and hail. AWESOME. Well almost, the lightening was sheet and not fork so I couldn’t get any decent photos. 🙁

steveh

I’m in sheffield and the thunderstorm we had early afternoon today involved 2″ of marble sized hail falling in 1/2 hour tops. The road outside my house was white over like it had snowed! Was the most epic storm i’ve ever seen, certainly worse than any alpine one i saw in a whole season there.

Creg

Quite a few here in North Yorkshire over the last few hours (since 2pm-ish). Rode home from work in the rain and its chucking it down now.

Hope to get some night time storms so I can get the camera out.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Yeah, I had curry tonight! 😈

MrOvershoot

project – Member

Up int he clwydians today, weird mist blowing in very fast, limited visibilty, but still warm, bit like a horror movie the way it came in, and hardly any walkerists.
    Really black clouds coming home as yet no rain.
    You sure about the warm bit?
    According to my mates Garmin in the Clwyds today the average temp on a 3 hour ride starting @ 10am was 13.1 deg.
    And my car outside temp gauge only showed 12 deg & 3:30pm
    Sat 23rd

I was in Sheffield today too watching a footy match and the downpour was torrential, with a fair bit of thunder & lightning too.

Girls with thin summer tops on and no brollies running around shrieking. Me enjoying the whole fantastic spectacle.

Stangely, the highly charged atmosphere caused me to fart quite a bit.

I think I might need counselling to dispel any residual damage to my psyche after visualising Fred perving and farting at the same time. Eurgh!

When you do eventually get laid Fred, I’d advise a bit of self containment, as good foreplay it will not make.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Top advise from love god STR.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think I might need counselling to dispel any residual damage to my psyche after visualising Fred perving and farting at the same time. Eurgh!

😆

Phwoooar! Prrt.

Heh!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else got a storm brewing?’ is closed to new replies.