Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Anyone else about to give up on o2?
  • Pook

Mobile signal problems again that they’ve said “sorry” for already.

Sorry doesn’t cut it o2. Sort it out.

jfletch
    Free Member

I’m on their month by month contract while I decide what to do. It is highly unlikely I will stay with them.

(Although my bill of £3.74 this month following refunds for their cock ups was nice!)

Pook
    mboy
    Free Member

How many times has this happened now in the last year or so?

I lost count anyway… So moved over to Three the other week! No regrets yet anyway, even if the coverage in remote areas isn’t quite as good.

ElShalimo

I thought that 3/Three piggy-backed the O2 network when not in a 3G area?
    or was that in the dark & distant past?

Edric64
    Free Member

3 is rubbish on the Mendips ,no signal for miles round the Priddy area .O2 is usually very good

stumpyjon

Ironically the O2 signal for me is by far the best but the experience my wife had trying to upgrade at the end of her contract would have had me looking elsewhere given half a chance.

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep thinking of ditching them for Vodafone as my mate can get good deals with them! Thing is my o2 bill is so cheap right now, at least half the cost of any other similar contract.

headpotdog
    Free Member

It’s not just O2! I use Vodafone with my company phone and their network reliability & coverage has been absolutely appalling lately. I work from home a lot & for around 3 weeks in late August/ early September I had no reliable signal at all & ended up purchasing a “Sure Signal” box from them which uses my home broadband connection to guarantee a 3G signal to my phone. (This affects my connection to my company network so really doesn’t help that much anyway!). I’ve since heard that they’ve been upgrading my local mast to 4G, but no-one at Vodafone has officially confirmed this with me.

This problem isn’t just where I live in West Yorkshire either. I’ve just been involved in a project to roll out smartphones & a custom app for 200 field service engineers in the UK & the number of people complaining about poor network coverage all over the country has been suprising.

Vodafones service has been pitiful throughout these problems too. If anyone knows of a reliable mobile network provider right now, I’d be very interested to know who it is 😕

tootallpaul

Pants. I thought my phone had gone wrong.

And I was expecting a call about a job today.

transapp
    Free Member

I wish I could give up on them, sadly it’s a company mobile so kind if stuck. Utter shite, trying to hold down a job here!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve just gone to Three

So far I think the coverage is better than O2 and the 3G speed wipes the floor with O2. 6-7 mb/sec is pretty normal!

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m only breathing nitrogen from now on.

wallop

I’ve only had a service dropout twice in 10 years. I was with wodawone before, which was utter pants.

No complaints from me, but then losing mobile signal for 2 hours isn’t the end of the world. I appreciate it’s a bit more critical for some.

spacemonkey

Re Vodafone, I found them faultless until 6 months ago when overnight I got a sh1t (and sometimes zero) signal at home. I reckon they’ve been f&*king about with the local mast because it really is sh1t. The trouble is I don’t trust any other network. Hhmmpphhh.

zanelowe
    Free Member

The wife has been trying to get intouch with me all afternoon, o2 have caused a right domestic 😈

dan314
    Free Member

Moved to Three 2 weeks ago, so far signal has been better in 2 places where O2 was rubbish, my local pub and Delamere forest, quite handy as I spend quite a lot of time in both. O2 refused to up my data allowance from 1gb a month so I moved as 3 give me unlimited data for less £’s a month.

fisha
    Free Member

cannot wait to ditch o2 in a couple of months … going to three.

I’ll get better 3G coverage, cheaper monthly bill and vastly more internet … its a no brainer

Gribs

O2 at least don’t put up the cost in the middle of a “fixed” term contract unlike all the rest.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I switched back to Vodafone recently and wish I hadn’t. Voice and data signal pretty useless pretty much everywhere I go, and that’s mainly M3 corridor which you’d think they’d have covered 100%. Crepe.

CountZero

I’m staying down near Start Point in Devon this week, and there’s bugger-all network connection at all at the house, so no idea if it’s made a difference at all. As soon as I get a little way away, I can hear my phone picking up emails and other notifications, so generally I guess it’s ok down here.

sbd16v
    Free Member

been with them 8 years and can count on one hand how many times ive been effected by network problems so i think ill stay 😀

sambob
    Free Member

Strange that Giffgaff seemed to work fine all day, even though they piggyback O2 😐

nbt

Sounds like it’s connectivity problems rather than network issues then

anyone got anything to say about talkmobile? they’vve got a couple of cheap smartphone deals on at the moment which seem tempting for someon who’s a light user like me

wallop

I’ve never heard so many complaints about customer service as I’ve heard about 3.

I wouldn’t go with them even if it was free.

footflaps

Yep, GF and I are on O2 and she’s had no service for most of the day. For some reason my phone has been fine. Once my contract ends in Dec, I’ll join EE and get a 4G phone….

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

With T mobile and i must say they have been brilliant to me. Only problem i have had is mobile internet wasnt working for 6 hours last week. Think it was due to the network changing to Everything Everywhere as i now have EE displayed. Girlfriwnds on Orange and she likes them to.

Sandwich

Not happy standing at Stansted waiting to connect with the parking company to pick me up. Both of us on O2 and not able to connect. At one point I had 3G connectivity and no phone signal. Facebook messaging home to try and get a lift. I had a text stating they were sorry the O2 app wasn’t working properly with iPhone 5 and we are working to put it right. Don’t bother until the network is working properly.

fisha
    Free Member

Gribs, they upped my monthly mid-contract one time before …

I_Ache
    Free Member

Girlfriwnds on Orange and she likes them to

Tell her to turn her phone off and on and hers will say EE too.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else about to give up on o2?’ is closed to new replies.