Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone drive a Nissan Skyline?
  • GNARGNAR
    Free Member

I have a hankering for an R33 GT-R (god knows why, I can't afford it really), but am interested in any of them really R32 and R33s, single turbo, normally aspirated, modified etc.

What are they like to live with? Do they cost a fortune to run, service and insure and most importantly what are they like to drive 😈

thanks!

chewkw
    Free Member

I thought they are all twin turbos?

The latest one is even better.

🙂

p/s: go for it but not sure about the cost to run etc but bet insurance must be high.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, they are twin turbos …

scraprider
    Free Member

i wish. i thought the earlyer ones were better , also didnt top gear test both types .

chewkw
    Free Member

I think I saw the latest one (2009 model) recently with some funny "rear diffuser" thingy and I think it looks better than previous version but only marginally.

😆

chewkw
    Free Member

So this must be the rear diffuser …

2hottie
    Free Member

There is a new one near my house, I almost have sex wee every time I see it! GET ONE.

samuri
    Free Member

I got taken round the block in one by a work colleague. They're rather quick and he wouldn't talk about the fuel consumption.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

chewkw

I thought they are all twin turbos?

The GT-Rs are yes, but there are 2.0, and 2.5 litre normally aspirated sklines as well as 2.5L single turbo version which I'd imagine are pretty quick.

trail_rat
    Free Member

skyline tax …….

Skyline in Japland is just a normal family car – the GTR is the only one worth having if your wanting fun

bit like going out to buy a mitsubishi lancer evo and coming home with a 1.8 lancer estate ……

radoggair
    Free Member

2.5l single turbo is still 276hp IIRC, though its not got the torque, plus i'm sure its only rear wheel drive. The drifting connoiseur vehicle.

Insurance would be quite high since there all imports, low 20's mpg and servicing isn't that bad i was told. I'm sure as a second low mileage per year car it would be great. R32 and R33 getting a bit dated, R34 should be getting quite cheap now and prob pick of the bunch. Better on pick up and smoother delivery. All engines can be vastly tuned though if thats your bread n butter

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

The latest GTR is my current favourite car.There are two round our way a red one and a gunmetal one. Was admiring the red one,when I noticed that the driver was wearing a hat.Not only was he sporting a hat,but a baseball cap…..and he'd accidentally put it on the wrong way round.
    It made me feel slightly better about being nowhere near able to afford one.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

R32 2.6 currently running 630bhp but can run more pressure…

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Just what you need when the speed limit is 70 mph…. 😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

of course. Knockhill is a good laugh though.

glenh
    Free Member

I bet it gets to 70 rather rapidly 😯

dasnut
    Free Member

cars are crap

this is SOOOOO much worse than a "new bike" thread

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone drive a Nissan Skyline?’ is closed to new replies.