Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone been Jedi-apprenticed?
  • dashed
    Free Member

I understand Tony has young chap coaching with him now… Knowing Tony, he will be a superb rider and a damn fine coach but any first hand experiences, ideally as a comparison to Tony’s teaching style?

sleigh62
    Free Member

I’ve met him when I went for my day with Tony … really nice lad, unassuming and I would guess, as you mentioned … very very competent on the bike.

I think as a young apprentice to Jedi he has learned from one of the best but it ‘could’ have a negative effect on his confidence to compare him and Tony as he’s only just started out.

I know the forums all about freedom of opinions etc and people are paying for coaching courses and want the best … but what about asking ‘what did he do really well?’ …. that way you get the best bits and can probably tell from that what to expect without bringing out comments that might destroy his confidence.

ps … got me a 2nd beer when I was there so pretty cool in my book!

grahamt1980

Nath is damn good, both at riding and us a sounds bloke. Bit quieter than Tony but that’s about all. I doubt you would see much of a difference between the 2 of them.

dashed
    Free Member

Not looking to undermine any confidence whatsoever, just looking for some feedback on a coach – not unreasonable. Tony comes highly recommended by many (including me!) and wouldn’t expect anything less of Nath but interested in some first hand experiences.

So anyone actually had a lesson with him and can provide a bit more feedback beyond “he’s a sound bloke and brings beer”? Email in profile if you’d rather do it that way…

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve seen him ride

**** me would cover it

timpol
    Free Member

Ridden a lot with nath, although I have not been coached formally by him he has given me tips along the way. His style is very similar to Tony and he has an amazing eye for identifying problems and giving the corrective action. He has developed me as a rider massively!

nowmefeelinit
    Free Member

I was with Nath and Tony recently on my first public day – actually, I think they complement each other really well. On first meeting, Nath is incredibly laid back and a quiet guy with a lot of well justified but reserved confidence. He certainly has a great eye for detail and is pretty succinct at pointing out small errors in a constructive and encouraging way. As is Jedi – just slightly different and therefore an equally valid, useful and correct point of view. Really got a lot from both of them in different ways.

Stu

dashed
    Free Member

Thanks chaps – as I expected but just wanted a bit of feedback from those who’d been coached by him…

slowrider
    Free Member

He touched me in Chamonix :'(

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been Jedi-apprenticed?’ is closed to new replies.