Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anybody using the Hope pf41 bottom bracket?
  • downhilldave

Need to replace the b/b on my Spicy Team soon and like the idea of the screw together/push fit from Hope. Should help stop any chance of creaking. Ceramic or stainless bearings? Cheers all.

JohnnyPanic

I have. Steel one. Since May this year.
    Within 3 weeks of getting it a horrendous creak developed around the BB area which just got worse & worse. I was cursing the f@@king thing.

Then we discovered the creaking was caused by cracks around the bolt holes in the polycarb bash guard – so chainring bolts were effectively loose.

Replaced that and no problems since.

So in short, in 6 months it’s been faultless.

downhilldave

Cheers Johnny,thanks for the info.

coatesy
    Free Member

Fitted a few in work, had no complaints so far.

FOG

Do you really need the Hope tool or will my home brewed press fit tool be ok?

scaredypants

I’ve got one – stainless. about 2 months in on a road bike and going fine so far

It isn’t just press-fit; the 2 parts very much screw together tightly so you need a tool. I used the hex part of an old BB tool but it wasn’t quite the right size and was worried it’d slip and **** everything up.

Hate to say it but the proper tool is probably what you should use

downhilldave

Lbs will fit for free, they have the tool and have done quite a few. Not ceramic however. Hence the question. Think it will be stainless unless the ceramic gets the nod.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Mine was fine for 50 miles and is now creaking. A lot. 😡

I assume / hope (ha) that the shop that fitted it didn’t take enough care in doing so and that I can rectify it myself… I’m going to have to bite the bullet and get the proper tool by the looks of things…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Fitted one for a mate using it he proper tool and copious abouts of anti_seize and all seems to be well a good few months down the line. That hope bottom bracket has made me less inclined to shy away from press fit.

DT78
    Free Member

Bought the tool last week, cheapest i found was winstanleys

downhilldave

Had a creak on the bike and assumed it was the BB, Lbs whipped it out. Bearings all fine, cleaned and coppersliped the shell. Still got the creak. DT78 did you buy a bearing puller too? That’s what my Lbs used to remove the bearings. Think I’m gonna have to invest in the tools.

Edit: Winstanleys out of stock 😐

DT78
    Free Member

Nope just the fitting tool. I thought the bearings are just tap out of the cups which stay in the frame. Tool is nice, looks like it would work with other press fit bbs maybe bearings / headsets if need be

Ukbikeshop usual have good hope stock.

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Love it. Je regret rien

I’m slowly replacing all the bits on my spark35 with components that can withstand all year riding in Yorkshire.

Hope BB and headset, wheels

My bike is becoming like trigger’s broom.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anybody using the Hope pf41 bottom bracket?’ is closed to new replies.