Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • anybody on tesco mobile?
  • white101

Thinking of picking up one of their sim only deals, decent value £7.50 for 250mins, 5000 texts, 500 data.
    Just wondering what network they run on for coverage?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s O2’s network.

I got that same deal, except with a HTC Wildfire thrown in on a 24 month contract.
    It looked the best deal around at the time, so I went back and got another one for Mrs MTG’s daughter.

Yes, it’s O2.

white101

was tempted by that MTG, but bought a handset instead and going sim only.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve got 5 phones on the £7.50 deal and it’s great. O2 coverage which suits me and service has been perfect in the 3 years I’ve been using it. Only downer is that they don’t support call forwarding, but call waiting is now supported.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Yes. Perfectly good service.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yes, well I was until 4 months ago – I only left as Virgin did me a better deal.
    I’d go back to Tesco if I liked the look of the deal though.

MoreCashThanDash

Quite happy with Tesco here – Nokia Smartphone, 100 mins, 10 thingy of data (never gone through it) and unlimited texts for £10 per month

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

My missus uses them and is happy.

The only issue-ette she had is that there’s a “credit limit” for when you go over your allocated mins / data (on pay monthly – so not directly relevant to you). For her it was around £60. She was abroad at the time and they cut her off until she sorted it (fair enough really). Thing was to sort it she had to do PAYG top ups. The chaps on the phone were super helpful but they couldnt settle the balance – it had to be top-ups. But the most she could do on their system was £20 iirc. Anyway her credit card company got suspicious on her 2nd top up in as many minutes and the card was stopped.

Overall though – she’s still with them and I’d happily switch to them. I’m not sure if their support is also with O2 – I suspect it is but they knew their stuff anyway (UK based too).

cp

If you don’t want the year commitment, and can stomach and extra 2.50 a month for which you get an extra 500mb data, then have a look at giff gaff

http://giffgaff.com/

also on the 02 network

robdixon
    Free Member

try a PAYG sim first – their 3G network coverage area is significantly smaller than the others (they have less coverage than any other network) and even on voice / 2g coverage they stopped being the leading network quite some time ago.

hoodie
    Free Member

Very happy with my Tesco sim only, in fact I have much better signal both phone and internet, compared to orange previously. All for a fraction of the cost. Do it.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Another giffgaff user here, I like the flexibility of changing my package each month or even cancelling it at a moments notice if they muck me about! On the £7.50 this month and I think ill do he same again next month as not using up my allowance.

saleem
    Free Member

I’ve three contracts with Tesco, I had one for myself then added the GF and my eldest son, still les than my contract I had with O2.

jon1973
    Free Member

Take a look at Virgin mobile as well, they seem to be doing some very good deals on sim only one month rolling contracts. I think they use the EE network.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘anybody on tesco mobile?’ is closed to new replies.