Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Anybody else brave it this morning???
  • MartynS

went out around Hayfield..

the frozen solid bits were great, the large sheet ice bits not so great.

And cheers to the two chaps I caught up who showed me a great descent I’d never done.

Cut ride short though.. felt like I was pushing my luck a bit!

mooman
    Free Member

We did a good ride today. Trails running as good as they ever have. Lots of grip.
    Alas – this extra white stuff wont be helping it any though..

derekrides
    Free Member

Went out last night and again first thing this morning, it’s bloody brassic here, a couple below at least, and the trails are a bit frozen rutty was mud only a few days ago now rock. So bracing yes, fun er not really, not hitting anything hard that’s for sure.

meadowedge
    Free Member

Hit The North3 on CX bike! Fun fun fun!! 🙂

stratman
    Free Member

Got my usual hour around Wirksworth while the boys were climbing -5 on the car, and a frozen camelbak. Nice to come back with a non-muddy bike

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Had a really good fun 3 hours of old fashioned cross country riding this morning (basically a fair bit of road interspersed with some nice off road stuff) above Macc with a mate.

I’d gone out on Thursday night and had a great time, but the descents we’d tried had been as much a push or carry or hang on for dear life in the old snow and ice, so today we opted for some easier trails and enjoyed rocket fast singletrack, some dusty downhill tracks and just a thoroughly nice ride.

It was very cold on the tops – a lot windier than it’s been of late – but we felt we’d played Mother Nature and won… this time. It started to snow as we were about 1/4 of a mile from getting home. Top stuff. 🙂

correctiveroger
    Free Member

Alfabus
    lovely ride from cheltenham to sheepscoombe and back (with associated pining for cranham ).
    Do I take it from your post that you are still riding the tracks in Cranham Woods?? Please see the thread “GROUPS riding Cranham Woods”. We as riders are having to stay away until access has been agreed with Natural England. Sorry buddy.

alfabus
    Free Member

correctiveroger – Member

Alfabus
    lovely ride from cheltenham to sheepscoombe and back (with associated pining for cranham ).
    Do I take it from your post that you are still riding the tracks in Cranham Woods?? Please see the thread “GROUPS riding Cranham Woods”. We as riders are having to stay away until access has been agreed with Natural England. Sorry buddy.

Nope, didn’t go in… hence pining – we skirted the edge of cranham and wanted desperately to go in. Lovely crisp, dry, frozen ground; it would have been lovely, but we stayed out.

Dave

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else brave it this morning???’ is closed to new replies.