Home Forums Bike Forum Any Topstone Owners Here?

• This topic has 24 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by tlr.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any Topstone Owners Here?
  • crossed

As per the title, are there any Cannondale Topstone owners on here?

Been looking at the carbon Topstone with 12 speed Apex on cycle to work, just wondering what owners think of theirs?

scotroutes

I bought mine in May 2023. I opted for the 650 version (based on experience of both 650×47 and 700×40). I love it, other than the colour.

PXL_20240607_135547587

whyterider93
    Free Member

I’ve got the previous generation in a lovely purpley pink colour. I think it’s great for what it is and the price I paid, but not an expert in the world of gravel and road.

zilog6128

I have the proper one, it’s ace :)

lesgrandepotato

Love it. Upgraded to the carbon lefty a year back. Bloody great bit of kit.

They do come up big in sizing, it’s a big bike but it fits like a glove underway.

Mine is the Sram apex stuff. Mebbe 11spd. It’s fine, nothing to write home about but it does work.

crossed

I quite like the look of the Lefty, it’s just a bit too expensive for what I need.

hopefiendboy

Yup- Topstone Carbon here with 2×11 grx and 700c wheels. FAst on the road and capable offroad. Went with the carbon fork and got a redshift stem for some front bounce. Did I say fast? Great bit of kit for the right terrain and covering ground at speed.

Love it.

aldo56
    Free Member

I’m on a 2018 alloy with a mix of 105 and GRX. 700×40 Cinturatos. Absolutely love it!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i had a 2020 topstone 105 carbon, was a great bike on c2w, but i went too big, i’d have another smaller sized as it was rapid. 700x38s

aldo56
    Free Member

Failed image insertion…

Re: sizing

Obviously different bikes are different, but I’d imagine these are similar geometry to the Boardman ADV I’ve got. I’m always large on MTB’s – trusted the sizing guide and went medium for the gravel. Turned out to be the right choice – large would have been too stretched

v7fmp

I had an alloy 105 a few years back. just used it to commute on and the odd road ride with a chum. Never took it offroad.

Was a nice bit of kit. But as already mentioned, watch the sizing. I bought mine mail order and at 5 foot 9, when with a medium. it was a touch too big. felt very stretched out.

iainc

I had a carbon Lefty, the 650B version.  I sold it earlier this year after the first fork service, as it was pretty costly, and for my riding I found the 650 wheels a bit limiting on mixed road and gravel.  I replaced it with a Giant Revolt X, with the Rudy XPLR fork, a Reverb AXS and 700c carbon wheels – a better setup for me.

Topstone Lefty was brilliant to ride on tame MTB stuff, but just a bit sluggish on tarmac for my riding.

zilog6128

But as already mentioned, watch the sizing. I bought mine mail order and at 5 foot 9, when with a medium. it was a touch too big. felt very stretched out.

be aware though that the alloy & carbon Topstones are different bikes with different geometry! I’m also 5’9″ and a M carbon is fine for me – it’s not as long as the alloy one.

https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/cannondale-topstone-carbon-2-lefty-2022-m,cannondale-topstone-1-2022-md/

Topstone Lefty was brilliant to ride on tame MTB stuff, but just a bit sluggish on tarmac for my riding.

it’s obviously not super-aero but it’s just down to the tyres I think. Had a ride with the local roadie group last week & there were a few raised eyebrows when I rocked up on the Topstone Lefty with knobbly tyres. It was more of a workout I’m sure, managed to keep up ok though, even dropped a few at the end of the ride ;) I have dusted off my proper road bike for this week’s ride though :)

v7fmp

be aware though that the alloy & carbon Topstones are different bikes with different geometry! I’m also 5’9″ and a M carbon is fine for me – it’s not as long as the alloy one.

ah yes, good shout!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

on road with skinnier tyres gp4000s i managed to keep along with a road bikes from madrid to bilbao, we averaged 43-4kmph on one afternoon. 46t upfront, and on uphill it motored along with the lower gearing.

goldfish24

Are you looking at the wheelbase carbon apex axs one?

I bought mine from them two months ago. Love it. Haven’t needed to change a single thing. So fast. Just rode it to work today in fact. Trust the size chart.

drop them an email or phone, you will likely have to cover their cycle2work fees as it’s a sale price. But it’ll still be a bargain at the end of the day. Good service and comms in my experience.

crossed

Interesting regarding the sizing. I’ve always ridden a large frame in road/gravel/MTB in the past but Cannondale recommend a medium for me.

Not been looking at the Wheelbase bike specifically but it’s definitely on the list.

hopefiendboy

Medium for me and I’d normally plump for a large in a  mtb. 5′ 9 with longish legs and arms

scotroutes

I was able to test ride a Large Carbon Topstone before I committed and bought the Medium. I’m 5’6″ and really couldn’t ride anything smaller.

footflaps

Yep, carbon Topstone here, very nice bike..

53810781480_2b13a0794e_k

goldfish24

Oh, are we turning this into an excuse to post proud pics of our bikes? I’m on board with that.

this is the carbon apex axs in medium from wheelbase. I’m also 5’9”. Usually a large MTB. Ignore everything you think you know about what t-shirt size you are, as an mtb’er this medium is what the size chart told me and it feels very stretched out, and perfect at the same time.
    IMG_1579

timc
    Free Member

I had an alloy 105 from 2019-2023, used it on & off road, i upgraded to a carbon (v2) late last year and its a marked improvement, as it should be for a lot more £.

Ive the black apex axs version mentioned above, ive put road bars back on as i don’t like the flared bars for my riding and made one upgrade which transforms the bike, a set of ZIPP 303S wheels with pirelli cintirato M 700×45 tyres, a top set of wheels elevates the bike to another level imo.

scotroutes

I did treat myself to a set of Sigma carbon wheels. Those, and a few more minor upgrades/changes knocked almost 1kg off the original weight.

tlr
    Free Member

Size large (@186cm) here, Topstone carbon 3, 2x GRX.

Carbon wheels, carbon seat post 45mm tyres and Redshift upgrades, love it.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.