Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • any riders in or easily near hampton??
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

likely to be spending more time down tht neck of the woods and looking to hook up with night rides and weekend rides down there???

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Hampton as in Hampton Court?

atlaz
    Free Member

Assuming you mean Hampton on the edge on London, I’m not far away and if I recall there’s at least a couple of other STWers around. I don’t right nights though, work keeps me busy during the weeks.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yeh hampton court, was looking for night rides and occasional weekend jaunts???

atlaz
    Free Member

I gather there’s some kind of “scene” riding around Richmond park and Wimbledon common but unless you’re after road miles, your best bet would be the Downs, Swinley or further afield. That said, there’s always Esher shore which should take you less than 20 mins to ride to if you feel like something a bit more adventurous.

Drop me a line as I’m usually out somewhere at weekends.

aP
    Free Member

Weekend before last I rode out though Hampton Court on the way out to Leith Hill and Holmbury Hill before riding back in along Stane Street. All do-able.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

road miles is possible as I can stick some slicks on the cross bike. aP let me know if you fancy showing me around once I land there.

Esher has shore? i drive through the woods on my way home and it looks like it should have tracks and trails there. Would be good to been shown the routes when I get here.

aP
    Free Member

ti-pin-man – that was riding my cx bike with cx tyres riding out on a mixture of road’n’off road to go do the trails on Leith Hill and Holmbury Hill, before riding back along another off-road track which brings you out west of Epsom.
    If you want road miles then we usually do a 70-80 mile loop on Sundays heading out about 9-9.30 returning about 4-5 hours later.

RepacK
    Free Member

Im nr Richmond Pk as well – but Im off to the US on Monday for a few wks. Maybe hook up when I get back?

This is the Esher N Shore place:

Clicky

It looks pretty good though Ive never ridden it myself.

jond
    Free Member

Keep an eye on here for anyone posting rides at Swinley – it’s a train ride from Twickenham to Martins Heron (or at least that’s the nearest station to the Lookout/Coral Reef (?) carparks). BOBMBC have regular rides over the week of differing speeds, tho’ they start from Crowthorne which might be more of a pain unless you’re driving.

http://www.bobmbc.com/
    http://www.gorrick.co.uk/swinley/index.php
    see map – Lookout’s at the top – there’s a lot of trails that *aren’t in the marked mtb area. They’re mostly – if not all- maintained by BOB members.

For a local bit of offroad there’s the Esher/Claygate commons, nothing much to write home about but there’s the odd section which meanders around.

AdamT

One of my mtb mates has recently moved to hampton and he tends to ride swinley. I regularly ride there and only in the evenings (family commitments) if you fancy coming along one night then give me a shout.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah you’re not far from Esher shore. Also only 45 mins to the North Downs.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Guys that’s ace. I will be more permanently in Hampton in the next month and will give those who have offered a shout .

aP
    Free Member

ti_pin_man – have you landed yet?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Keep me posted, I’m getting properly rusty and it’d be good to ride more. Hampton, near the schools, me.

clive
    Free Member

yep hampton village not far from the green

go out most wednesday nights 6.30 @ swinley if you want a tour.
    trying to do the south downs more often as well, could do with a decent guide though !!!
    lost in Peaslake in the dark is no fun.

Or depends if you can bunk a day off work going to do Afan for the day mid next week 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘any riders in or easily near hampton??’ is closed to new replies.