Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any recommendations for good value well vented cycling glasses?
  • tomd
    Free Member

I’m looking for some riding glasses, but I seem to lose them at a rate of a pair / 100 miles so any recommendations? They really need to be well ventilated with vent holes on the lense for me, these Uvex SGLs seemed to be the best I could find online:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=86351

Kryton57

Endura do some good glasses at that price point. Got some photochromic mullets for £32.

Scapegoat

Tifosi slip?

tomd
    Free Member

Cheers guys, those Tifosis look like a good option and the endura range also.

nickc

Endura glasses the rubber on the nose is very grippy and narrow, after a while they begin to pinch. Not the end of the world but I probably won’t buy another pair

100mphplus
    Free Member

If you need them vented to stop misting, then get Bolle Contour safety glasses, ~ £8 pr off ebay. Ok they are fixed lenses but you can buy a clear pair, tinted pair and even one of the ESP pairs for less than £25 and not be bothered about losing them at that price!!

They are CE Apr, anti fog, anti scratch, impact resistant, light weight…etc in fact better quality than ‘official’ branded MTB glasses that cost £50+.

Cycling glasses are one of the biggest rip offs going.

frosty87
    Free Member

I’ve got the Avenir Powder glasses for the same reason. Cost around £10 and they are good for the money.

There is a ventilation gap between the lenses and the frame. The main downside is that they come in a range of fairly garish colour options.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for good value well vented cycling glasses?’ is closed to new replies.