Home Forums Chat Forum Any OS map subscription offers

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any OS map subscription offers
  • dashed
    Free Member

In a petulant strop, I cancelled my OS Maps subscription of many years because they kept escalating the annual cost. I was going to use FATMAP / Strava but I’m not convinced OS maps is coming over to strava when they shut down FATMAP in a couple of weeks time.

So any subscription offers around for OS Maps before I swallow hard and stump up for a higher subscription than I spat my dummy over??

slackboy

you can get 30% off if you are a YHA member.

towzer

FYI See

https://memory-map.com/maps/uk-os-topo-maps/

I use the perpetual option. **it does not upgrade, its a fixed in time download, so I rebuy it every 3 or 4 years to keep current.

zilog6128

I just re-subscribed to Outdoor Active with a code, £17.55 for the year (Premium, not Premium+). Includes OS maps, much prefer it to the actual OS app.

hot_fiat

Cycling.org give you 35% off a premium os maps membership

Rubber_Buccaneer

but I’m not convinced OS maps is coming over to strava when they shut down FATMAP in a couple of weeks time.

Oh FFS, I hope you are wrong.  I dumped my OS sub and went back to Strava entirely due to FATMAP

onewheelgood

That would be https://cyclinguk.org

DickBarton

British Cycling has (or had) a 30% off thing for members – it seems to generate a random code so no something I could copy and share.

I thought Fatmap was bringing OS mapping into the system – is there not another thread on here today saying Strava has IGN mapping for France and OS mapping for UK at 1:25k? If so, that is great – but not worth the heavier subscription price for me as I get all the tracking stuff through Garmin, so Strava itself is just for stalking mates and complaining at the amount of biking they are doing instead of working!

pocpoc
    Free Member

If you can wait a couple of months then they normally have one day near black friday where it is 50% off an annual sub

dashed
    Free Member

The other thread pretty much confirms that OS Maps isn’t coming to strava with FATMAP.

timidwheeler

I’ll post here what I posted on the other thread.

I had the following exchange with customer services about two weeks ago.

Will ign and os maps be available after Fatmap closes?

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We have noted your comments about the OS and IGN maps and passed them along to the appropriate team here.

We are moving the FATMAP 3D satellite map to Strava. FATMAP’s 3D maps in the Flyover and 3D images in the feed have already been integrated into Strava, with more coming soon.

Does that mean no?
    Access to OS and IGN which were a big part of my decision to pay for premium. A satellite map is of no real interest I can have that for free on Google.

At the moment we cannot share exactly when individual mapping features will be ready in Strava.

As noted in our previous message, we have shared your feedback with the team and hope to have more information for you in the coming months. We’ll keep you posted.

So no then.

DickBarton

Yeah, sorry, I saw the thread title and had a quick read of the first couple of posts and hadn’t spotted it was an old thread! Sorry for the confusion I’ve probably caused.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Anquet had a half price deal on the other day.

I’m a memory map user.

timidwheeler

Do any of these offer IGN as well?

frogstomp

30% off annual OS Map subscriptions via Wightlink too..

dashed
    Free Member

@frogstomp – nice one! Just saw your post and have re-signed up for OS Maps

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.