Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • any one ride Merida?
  • bassspine
    Free Member

I’m after a hardtail for Dartmoor/Quantocks/Exmoor lumpy XC riding. The current Rockhopper just doesn’t inspire me….

I’ve had a blat around on a Merida Matts 800D. And for some reason I really liked it: I like the SLX groupset on it.

But I have a question mark in my head over the Manitou frok…

So does anyone ride a recent Merida, and do you like it? Any thoughts on recent Manitou?

Saccades
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden a recent one.

But I wouldn’t be going anywhere near a manitou fork until they have a proper UK distributer and there are lots of other people raving about them again. Although I did like my Black that I had.

hopster
    Free Member

Get the 900d its only £50 more with XT and a reba fork.

colande
    Free Member

800d
    900d

agree with hopster, if the merida is your choice pay the extra £50 for the 900d, and that will allay your manitou worries,
    but it looks like manitou have sorted themselves out,
    i run a manitou r7 fork and it hasnt missed a beat, been v.impressed

i thought hotlines was the distributor for manitou in the uk?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Loads of people back home ride Meridas and they like them. As for the Manitou forks, I’ve had several pairs in recent years and they’re great. I’ve yet to find good Marzocchi made in these decade. No such issues with Manitous.

trailmonkey

If you want a HT for Dartmoor duties Adam, it’s got to be steel. Anything else is a recipe for huge chiropractor bills.
    Big Peaks do OnOne frames. Build one up and put whatever forks you like on it.

bassspine
    Free Member

trailmonkey: my SS is steel as is my work bike. no argument on the material.

The large reason for going Merida is that the shop where I work stocks them, so I get a decent price
    I have a 900d on order though 🙂 the Reba fork and XT is too good to miss.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘any one ride Merida?’ is closed to new replies.